Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishlakejim

Need help with FS9 aircraft selection

Guest irishlakejim

Would someone please help this old #### figure out what is wrong?When I load FS9 and go to the screen where you select a specific aircraft, I used to see a pic of the aircraft that is selected. Not anymore !!!! No matter what aircraft I select, default or otherwise, the "picture" box is empty. I can still load and fly any aircraft, but the pic just doesn't show up. All other FS9 functions and operations work just fine.What the #### did I screw up now, and please tell me there is someway to fix it WITHOUT having to reinstall FS9 !!!Thank you very much,Jim

Guest brianw22

Hi JimI had this problem once & I just re-built my FS9.cfg file * it sorted it out, so perhaps try that.Hope this helpsRegardsBrian

i did the same thing and it fixed the issue, worth a try.Good luck

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest irishlakejim

>Hi Jim>>I had this problem once & I just re-built my FS9.cfg file * it>sorted it out, so perhaps try that.>>Hope this helps>>Regards>BrianThank you Brian,,,,, would you please enlighten me on how to "rebuild" the .cfg file? Sorry so dense....

Just delete your fs9.cfg file, then start fs9 and it will rebuild it automaticaly.P.S Not trying to steal your thunder or anything Brian. lol

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest brianw22

Not stealing my thunder at all! LolJim - not dense at all! Better to ask & learn.Anyway just in case you haven't done it before, your fs9.cfg will usually be found as follows :"[DRIVE]:Documents and Settings[uSER NAME]Application DataMicrosoftFS9"I usually rename my old one & then let fs9 automatically rebuild a new one & then just copy all my tweaks into the new one.RegardsBrianDarn! I didn't realise that using square brackets would not show up! First is the drive name & between the two should be your user name. I hope this makes sense!

Guest Reed203

Its a problem with the Nvidia graphics drivers. I have the same issue on my computer. In windowed mode, the aircraft appear fine in the display. It is a bit of an annoyance but not that big of a problem in my opinion.