Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

adding FSGenesis

I currently have Ground Enviromnent Pro and the Ultimate Terrain series installed for FS9 and am interested in adding FSGenesis. Is it just a matter of adding it on top of what I already have, or do I have to uninstall Ground Enviromnent Pro and the Ultimate Terrain first? RH

Guest DK8290

I have all my FSGenesis files in a folder outside of fs2004 (as I reference them also for fsx which avoids the need to duplicate these huge files). In fs2004 I just add them as scenery like anything else. I believe that these files should be below Ultimate Terrain and Ground Enviromnent Pro and any other specific scenery in the scenery list (I wonder if Ultimate Terrain is below FSGenesis if UT's coastal shapes would work).There is no need to uninstall anything.

Seeing has how Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain don't contain mesh, it shouldn't matter whether FSG is above or below them... They're totally different products that do different things.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just so you know, make sure you don't have an empty "texture" folder under your ../mesh/ folder or you will suffer from the Out Of Memory error just at the wrong time, usually on final after a hour long flight or something like that. I researched my OOM problem in the FS Genesis forums and that was my problem. You do need a ../mesh/scenery folder of course.

Just let the FSG installer do its thing and you're good to go...DJ

Thanks for the responses.What kind of visual improvement will should I see when compared to what I already have?RH

Just like Robbie I have some mesh for the USA and other places and now that the FS Genessis FULL package is on sale, do you that already have the full package recommened I getting it? Does it look that much better? jerrycwo4

HelloAt that price it is a bargainWorldwide coverage at all LOD's, well worth getting and the support from Justin is very good.

Guest DK8290

"What kind of visual improvement will should I see when compared to what I already have?"-----------------Mesh adds increase land-shape. Here is a shot at the border between some mesh in Tibet and the default fs2004 meshfs2004_050.jpg--------------------------"Seeing has how Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain don't contain mesh, it shouldn't matter whether FSG is above or below them"----------------------------I am wondering, though, if Ultimate Terrain's shoreline shapes (files) and bodies of water shapes (files) need to be above any mesh files. It seems to me that they should be but I don't know for sure.