Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

RFP 747-200

Guest Logan826

I installed this thinking I would like it better then the PMDG 747 and well....I don't, it doesn't even come close. Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of it. I uninstalled it and removed all folders of it from the FS9 folder, but it still shows up in the aircraft menu inside FS9.thanks, Dan

You dont even like it a bit?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Logan826

Maybe that sounded a little harsh. Compared to the PMDG 747, which I know is a different model, the panels look cartoonish, the FMC doesn't function, The overhead panel is a little hard to read. I could go on with a few things. It does fly nice, not that I'm a real world jetjocky. I guess once you have something to compare it too it doesn't seem that nice. JMO.Dan

>the FMC doesn't functionWhat FMC?Best regards,Rafal

Guest Logan826

There is the display of an FMC on the throttle panel, but it doesn't function. So your question answered itself......."What FMC" LOLDan

I bought the boxed version of the aircraft a few years back and the documentation alone was worth the money. True the VC is nowhere near as good as the PMDG 744 but the systems are a work of art. Oh yeah and you navigate using the INS not the FMC.

Rob Prest

Nope, wasnt harsh at all, you dont like it you dont like, thats all,I was just curious if you just absolutely not like it one bit.Ya its an older product, I havnt used it in months now, but i dont think there is a picture of a fmc close to the pedestal. although i could be wrong. I have the boxed version as well.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Logan826

So nobody has had a problem uninstalling it ?? I can find it anywhere in the FS9 folder, yet it still appears in FS9 under aircraft selection.Dan

Did you attempt to uninstall manually or did you use the uninstaller that comes with the program?If you did not use the uninstaller, then I would suggest that you search for all files with regard to RFP and remove those that you seem to have missed.BTW, the -200 did not come with a FMC, although some of them have been modernized to use one. What you think is the FMC is probably the INS or perhaps the FFRAT.Sorry you didn't like the program, many people have enjoyed it over the years.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Guest Logan826

Thanks for all the responses. It's just personal taste. I'm by no means saying I wouldn't purchase another product from RFP.Dan

Visually you are comparing a 3 or 4 year old product to a relatively new one so yes it is not nearly as good as the PMDG. Having said that, it is a joy to fly (and should be modified to use the CIVA INS). There is a tremendous sense of satisfaction when you can properly fly this aircraft, utilizing all systems and navigating with the INS. Give it a try!!!Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest brianw22

I agree with Mark. It's probably the most challenging aircraft that I've flown in FS.The model isn't the best anymore, being an older sim, but I've merged the panel with the Posky V4 of their 747-200, 747-300 & SP. It really is worth trying to get to know this a bit better & flying & navigating it properly - particularly using the INS system. I don't know the default one, but the CIVA one is almost exactly like the real one.BTW, the systems etc are very accurate to the real aircraft too.Oh - uninstallation. I had a huge problem when I tried to uninstall it. It took out all the air flies from my aircraft & also AI aircraft! Fortunately I had them all backed up. Perhaps you should check all your aircraft. I think there's a fault with the uninstaller.RegardsBrian

Guest Logan826

Ok, now you've got my interest sparked. LOL I'll take another look at it. Thanks for all the feedback on this a/c. It's obvious from all the positive replies that this is a great a/c and it's pretty rare on these forums to get this many positives with no negitive, other than mine. LOL Dan

Like you said, it's all personal taste, It's good your gonna give it another chance, might as well as its free, i paid 40$ or something like that for it. Try merging it with the posky model, i beleive the merge is on the forum somewhere. I agree with many here the model is not really all that nice, but the systems, MAN there good.Anyways good luck on your second attempt At it, Just remember, there lots to learn on this bird.

Guest Logan826

I paid for it aswell sometime back, just never got it in the air until now. I didn't know they are now free.Dan