Sign in to follow this  
JonBuck

Another Newbie How-To Question....

Where can I find stationary aircraft to park on ramps? What kind of acft are required for static parking and where can I find them? What do I do with them when I find 'em? Add them to a library like a building or vehicle object? And add them to the scenery with EZ Scenery or Instant Scenery like any other static object? Do they eat up memory and slow the FPS rate? Sorry to be asking such basic questions, but I just haven't hit the right spot in my search to get the answers on my own. Would appreciate some help! Is there a tutorial somewhere which explains how to do this? Jon B

I may be wrong, but it might be better to ask this in the Scenery Design forum. Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.Best and welcome!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You said you were a newbie, so please excuse me if you already know this.You asked about static aircraft, which some people do use to enhance their scenery e.g. to represent maintenance activities.However, a huge part of the Avsim library consists of AI aircraftin real airline liveries which fly into, taxi around, park at and then fly out of your airports, which is a bit more entertaining.A good place to start would be here http://www.world-of-ai.com/

ngxu_banner.png

AI aircraft really is the way to go, and I use World of AI and Project AI self installing packages exclusively -- static aircraft simply sit there at the gate and eat up CPU cycles, and hence, lower your frame rates/performance.Smooth skies!Chuck B.

Thanks for the responses gents. What I was looking to do is add a few static (parked) acft around the ramp for pure viewing pleasure. A couple of AI acft moving around, yes, but parked acft here and there too. Aircraft which are just empty shells using a min. of memory; designed to be placed into a scene like any other bldg. or tree object. Maybe I'll just have to use AI acft and have 'em sit there. I don't want all of them moving around. JonB