Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

Kaitak woai missing

Hi being very unskilled with pc's I was very happy to get the 9 Dragons scenery in first time ,very good instructions I must say.I wanted WOAI traffic landing /taking off so hesitantly used TT tools for the first time ever,AI is now at VHHX.But it is only the default AI.There are plenty of WOAI aircraft airborn with flightplans for VHHH but not VHHX.What basic thing have I got wrong ?Any ideas in as simple terms as possible would be greatly received.regards Jim

Did you follow the instructions in the manual regarding how to get AI traffic at VHHX - page 36 I believe ?They are very simple to follow - just don't miss a step.

Yup David, I followed them as far as I know exactly parrot fashion having never used TT before.When I look in the flightplan folder in the TT folder (should a flightplan,aircraft,airport text file still be there ?) VHHH has been replaced with VHHX.regards Jim

Yes, the three decompiled files will remain after you have recompiled them.I assume you first made a copy of the original traffic file in question and then renamed it Traffic_VHHX.bgl.The renamed one is the one you should have decompiled and then made the changes such as adding the VHHX data to the airports_VHHX.txt file and replacing VHHH with VHHX in the Flightplans_VHHX.txt file.Be SURE you addedVHHX,N22* 18.98',E114* 12.32',0to the airports_VHHX.txt file (at the bottom of it - TT will move it to the correct location during recompiling)After the three files are recompiled it should have created a new traffic file named Traffic_VHHX.bgl in your scenery/world/scenery subfolder.Be SURE you have removed or renamed with a .ORIG extension the original traffic file. FS really cannot handle two of them at the same time.By the way - You are probably aware of this but just in case - all WOAI Traffic files will have a name such as Traffic_191_WoA_United Airlines_Su07.bgl. Be sure those are the ones you are working with. You can rename them anyway you wish but I would keep some reference to WoA and VHHX in the name. Hope that some sort of sense.Hope these ideas will get you up and running.

Thanks for hanging in there.1.)I went to world/scenery located original traffic bgl and renamed it Traffic_VHHX.bgl(sent copy of original to desktop).2)opened TT highlighted Traffic_VHHX.bgl clicked de-compile3)3x text files appeared in TT folder.4)Opened Airport txt file and added VHHX,N22*18.96',E114* 12.30',10(as instructed ,your coordinates are slightly differnt from the instructions) then file/save5)Opened flightplan txt file relaced VHHH with VHHX, after 2 mins file/save6)I did not touch the Aircraft txt file as the instructions did not mention to.7)Reopened TT,Recompiled.The Default traffic is landing /taking off fine at VHHX, but tons of WOAI traffic is circling all around a closed VHHH still with VHHH on their flightplan banners .thanks for helping regards Jim

Sounds as if you worked on the FS default traffic file rather than the various WOAI traffic files.FS2004 allows an unlimited number of traffic files (unlike FS2002 where everything had to be added to one traffic file) so look for the ones with WoA as part of the name. Find them and do the same procedure.Keep us posted.

David you're a hero for hanging in.You got it spot on,for some reason(serious lack of basic understanding) I assumed that all would be good changing what was suggested in the instructions,but of course WOAI or whatever other AI you use would need to be changed also.Simple and obvious(sadly not to me....)in hindsight.thanks again Cathay is now heading towards VHHX.regards Jim

You are very welcome.......I have been called a lot of things in my lifetime but Hero is a new one.