Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

How can I speed up and hold loading outside world in memory

Hi,I have a good system for FS9 and can run all sliders to max with 60 to 80 FPS but the outside world on the ground is only sharp in a short distance. Building up the ground textures and hold them in memory is the problem I thing because it is very quick falling back to a blurried state in a distance of 5 to 10 mile. I started again with a new build clean .CFG file but can't find the problem.Please advice...E6750 3,2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Nvidia 8800GTS/320, 2x Raptor 150Gb, XP-ProFS Autostart, Nhancer etc. Defragged with Ulimate Defrag file/folder and FS9 at the outside of the dedicated Raptor.Happy landings...

Guest tmond

Well, I have the same problem and have been working with this for months.I don't know how many times I removed fs9 & reinstalled.The picture looks like it has to much vertical hold. I've tryed all kinds of adjustments in CFG file.......Smoothing,bandwidth you name it. I even bought a new 42" 1920x1080 resolution monitor hoping that wld be the answer.No way.Even worse. I came across a article that may be of intest that maybe someone has a answer to this problem.As Follows:Watch Out ALL NVIDIA Drivers Users.!I RUN INTO SOME INTERSTING INFO ABOUT NVIDIA DRIVERS.post at simviation forumsby nick n.IF YOU DONT KNOW ,NIVIDA ADDS PROFILES FOR FS9 AND FSX TO ITS DRIVERS.THOSE PROFILES OVERRIDE ANY SETTINGS YOU MAKE AND SCREW YOU UP WHEN TRYING TO GET THINGSTWEAKED. GET RID OF THEM AND SET UP THE DRIVERS CORRECTLY.DELETE ALL THE PROFILES IN THE NIVIDIA DRIVERS AND RESET EVERYTHING WITH THE PROGRAMCALLED NHANCER http://www.nhancer.com/THIS PROGRAM WAS RECOMMENDED BY A NVIDIA TESTER WHO KNOWS WHAT NVIDIA HAS DONE... ITSWRONG AND FORCES FSX OR OTHER GAMES TO RUN WHAT NVIDIA WANTS... AND YOU NEVER KNEW IT, NOMATTER HOW YOU SET YOUR DRIVERS.AN ISSUE OF CORRUPT PROFILES HAS SURFACED TOO, SO GET RID OF ALL THE PROFILES AND SET YOURDRIVERS UP MANUALLYDOWNLOAD AND INSTALL NHANCER, RUN IT AND REMOVE ALL PROFILES. IT MAKES A BACKUP OF THEM SOYOU CAN RESTORE ONE OR ALL OF THEM IF YOU EVER WANT TOBUILD YOUR OWN PROFILES FOR YOUR GAMES. DO NOT ALLOW NVIDIA TO MAKE THOSE SETTINGS CHOICESFOR YOUONCE ALL PROFILES ARE DELETED THEN SET UP A NEW PROFILE FOR FSX AND THE GLOBAL DRIVERSUSING NHANCER AS FOLLOWS:ENHANCEMENTS:AA: CHECKED WITH A BULLET IN SUPERSAMPLING TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS:Combined 8XS NOTE: 4xS FOR SLOWER CARDSUNDER 1x2 SS + 4x MSGamma correction ONDO NOT ENABLE THE SECOND SUPERSAMPLE FEATURE IN THIS AREAAF: CHECKED16XVERTICAL SYNC: CHECKEDAPPLICATION: CHECKEDOPTIMIZATIONS Tab:Texture Filtering - High QualityTrilinear Opt - OffAniso. sample opt. - OffNegative LOD BIAS - ClampCOMPATABILITY TAB SETTINGS:REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CPU YOU USEFOR WINDOWSXP SET CPU TO SINGLE CORE.FOR WINDOWS VISTA SET CPU TO MULTICORE .SAVE THE PROFILE AND ASSIGN IT TO FSX.EXEMOVE THE BULET TO GLOBAL AND MAKE THE SAME SETTINGS AS ABOVESET NHANCER TO RUN WITH WINDOWS TO ENSURE THE NVIDIA DRIVERS DO NOT DEFAULT BACK TONVIDIA'S RESTRICED SETTINGS.IN FLIGHT SIMULATOR, SET THE FOLLOWING:AA to unchecked and the filtering to TrilinearSEE IF THAT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCEWHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS YOU MUST RERUN NHANCER AND REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCESS.SPECIAL NOTEIf you are using LCD with a refresh rate of 60Hz, try setting the frame lock to UNLIMITEDor 31, then try 60FPS and see if it smoothes out to melted butter. If it does but you seeintermittent stutters, your TBM or autogen values may be too high. For 512 and up cards Irecommend a TBM of 100-120LCD is known for allowing a superior smooth and higher average frame rate @ unlimited -ora value that runs in sync with the refresh rate if the unit runs a base timing of 60HzDO NOT USE FFTF, especially for dual core systems... DELETE IT FROM THE FSX.CFG FILEThe SWAP WAIT TIMEOUT when increased from the default of 30 to 32-35 will reduce blurs butincrease stutters. Forget anything you thought you knew about that setting. It has NORELATIVE relationship to the frame lock. Reduce/increase it by as little as 2 has the sameaffect on blurs/stutters as reducing/INCREASING the FFTF before SP1If you use a high TBM, leave the SWAP WAIT @ 30. If you use a lower TBM you can increasethe SWAP WAIT by 2, 4, 6 and observe the changes in ground textures. If stutters appear,reduce TBM by 10-20 or reduce the SWTOAlso,increasing the scenery radius to 6.5 helps with blurs.. this IS TRUE but it alsoincreases disk access. Increasing that to 5, 5.5, 6, or 6.5 can be experimented withhowever it also relates to the AUTOGEN slider.ENDI'm not a computer guro and if I new where to go to the right file I wld attempt this. Maybe this could be the answer.Tim:-hmmm

Yes, I am already using for a long time Nhancer but is not the answer to the problem. Solving the AA issue is nice with Nhancer but not what I'm looking for. I want a crisp sharp outside world and not only in a radius of 5 miles and the rest blurried.Thanks anyway...

Guest tmond

Well............I have nhancer as well and it is not the fix for me either. Anyway............I have the same problem as you and I wish I cld fix it too. I have had thots of asking guys on the forum for their CFG files to see if that might help my problem, But I feel I wld be imposing to much.So..........I will not do that. I hope you get yours solved:-) Tim

Guest RonB49

Hi simba,You say, ". . . can run all sliders to max with 60 to 80 FPS . . .."But have you tried limiting the frame rate? Set it to 25 FPS and see if your picture is sharper. Some systems work best with frame rate set to unlimited, others do better with a fixed frame rate. Try it and see if it helps.R-