Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Geforce 4200 128 card

Hi all,The genius that built my puter for me told me to get a Geforce 4200 128 card and overclock it. VOILA!!!!! I have a 4600 card.Just a thought. Jim Alcorn

Guest ccgr

If it's stable and kept cool, great! You don't care about warranty right?

Hi, you are absolutely right.This GURU is a TRUE PROFESSIONAL.He does work on big corporate puter systems.He is on standby to go to the government to do secret code incription/decription work. Although he uses off the shelf components he only uses the best QUALITY COMPONENTS. He does not cut corners. I am VERY HARD on my puter. Any problems were caused by me.If he says something, you can take it to the bank.If I sound a little defensive, believe me I do not mean it that way.He has taught me a lot.I appreciate and thank you for your reply.Thank you again.Jim Alcorn

Guest FPSFREAK

Very common practice for those people who know a thing or two about the 4200's. But now if he really only used top quality off the shelf parts he would have put a 9700Pro in ;).Still 4600 performance for the price of a 4200 is a sweet deal. Just remember your still bandwidth and clock speed limited w that card. you'll come close to a 4600 but to exceed it takes more than a tweak and aircooling.Good luck w the rig !Bobby

Could you post the clock settings???TIA

Guest ha5mvo

Now I'm confused,on another thread I was strongly advised against overclocking the vid card!I was told that the benifits of so doing are marginal and DEFINATLY don't worth the risk or the extra hussle of additional cooling.I just got my ASUS Ti4200 and as much as I would like to be able to use it to its full potential I am afraid of damaging the card.Please - hardware experts:Is that a valid point or am I just being too panickycheers//Mike

Overclock it, you know you want to :-hahJust kidding of course ;)It might add a little performance increase, but not enough to cause undue stress to your card. Unless you're tech savy and know what you're doing, I suggest leaving it alone :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers