Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

FS9 Visiblity Problem With FSUIPC.

Good Day,I have a very puzzling problem with FSUIPC and visibility in FS9. I have lived with the problem for a long time but am now attempting to find a lasting solution. Any help from the experts would be appreciated. I have attempted to get on Peter Dowson

I Can't be sure but I think your problem is because you are using an unregistered FSUIPC.That V3.04 I'm sure is well before Pete started charging and I think an unregistered will only give facilities to approved programs so they can work.I have always used a registered version so I am not sure what is excluded in the unregistered version and those exclusions are greyed out.I wonder if you are seeing sections of FSUIPC from that early version which are now only available to registered users?After backing up fsuipc.ini to somewhere outside FS9 try a reinstall, from scratch, of V3.75 and see if you still get the vis options.Maybe someone else who uses the unregistered version can advise better.HTH

Vulcan,Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have tried removing all the FSUIPC files and letting Version 3.75 recreate them. Still have the same problem that way and even tried to edit the ini file with no good results. You may be right and the completely freeware version 3.04 of the past is the only one I will be able to use to control the visibilty.I would think that many others owning PMDG 747-400 and Radar Control would have experienced the same visiblilty problems but see very little evidence of this on the forums. It would be unusual that all of them would be using registered versions of FSUIPC, but I could be wrong....."Just enough knowlege to keep myself in trouble"Thanks,JayDub

JayDub- I fly Pmdg 747, DreamFleet Baron and Pilatus PC12- all with unregistered FSUIPC 3.50- which I suppose came with these planes on their CDs. Visibility control works fine here.Alex Reid