Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

Feelthere Products

>.............and>unlike products that have been announced months, if not years>ago, like the Airsimmers A320 and the PMDG A320, FeelThere>just delivers direly needed add-ons for FS9 and FSX.>>Problem is they are full of bugs and left unsupported.>>Why do you think the others take so long?>>GarryMy opinion exactly. PMDG only announced that they started working on A320, nowhere near some working alpha product.Take a look how long 747 took to develop. And now look at what you have - most complex, bugfree addon for FS9/X. Does it ever crash? Hardly by PMDGs fault... Support? One of the best. Ask a question, you will have it answered inside of 48hrs, or at least a help to find the problem, EVEN if it's not PMDGs programming fault.I very much considered buying the Airbus Vol.1/2 products, but pretty fast tucked my CC away, after I read about all those posts and problems. Today, I only wish that their support was better and didn't have so many bugs. As everyone else, I am here to enjoy my hobby, and not to permanently fight various bugs and be aggrieved by the fact that I cannot fly something I paid for.Just as a little disgression, I won't say which company or product, but I recently bought one product, I was pretty much unsatisfied with it, it simply didn't fill my expectations and had some bugs that I couldn't live with, so I politely requested a refund and I got it. I can only say, that is a way to treat a customer. I will certainly buy again from the company, as I did in the past, because customer support is, lets say, 2nd thing for me, after the working bugfree product :-)Lets hope for Wilco's wellbeing that they will improve their support and that these stories become a thing of past.

Call me stupid, but I rather have a product that I can use NOW than some product that might or might not see the light of day within in the FSX life cycle.I am getting tired of developers who generate a pre-hype with pre-mature announcements of their products (without having even an ALPHA version to present) and then are stumped when people dare to ask about a follow-up status. Airsimmers: Last lifesign, August 2007 "Pending release"; July 2007: "Soon, in a few weeks"; PMDG: Last lifesign: A year ago. If you read their forums: "It's ready when it's ready." Yea, I get that and just roll my eyes and move on.In the meantime, I'd rather fly around in with the Wilco. Most of the bugs are more inconveniences than really bugs that render the bird completely unflyable. The only thing that is outstanding for me are the two functional and visual issues that I posted before. There might be others, but they went up to now unnoticed by me. And I fly their A320 a lot.What people also seem to forget is that the Airbus flies a lot differently than any other aircraft and their fly-by-wire implementation (much before the FSX FBW implementation) is impressive. Since 2002 or so (PSS A320) we haven't had a more complete Airbus add-on, so, yea, if there are still a few bugs then I can understand that and live with it.Pat

>Call me stupid, but I rather have a product that I can use>NOW than some product that might or might not see the light of>day within in the FSX life cycle.>>In the meantime, I'd rather fly around in with the Wilco. Most>of the bugs are more inconveniences than really bugs that>render the bird completely unflyable. The only thing that is>outstanding for me are the two functional and visual issues>that I posted before. There might be others, but they went up>to now unnoticed by me. And I fly their A320 a lot.>>PatOK stupid :-) (just kidding of course, you said it!) :)Those bugs you speak of, I heard, were some problems which are still not solved in FMC, choosing NO SID I think at CDG, or something. Some incompatibility with Navigraphs navdata, which still isn't worked out. And those incompatibilities end in CTDs, as far as I heard. And I still didn't hear that they repaired those. Maybe you know something that I don't.I certainly don't want to start the flight with an expectation of a CTD when choosing a STAR or pushing anything else in the FMC.I remember of some posts somewhere, where Navigraph stated that Wilco/Feelthere doesn't want to work out those problems with them, or something.And at the end of the day, lack of support, which not only one person reported, doesn't justify a product with bugs.

Hm, I fly SID/STARs all the time. Just last week I downloaded the latest AIRAC with terminal procedures from Navigraph and had no problems with it whatsoever. I also never had a CTD. *shrug*.Granted, I never flew into CDG. I also heard the problems with the AIRACs earlier, but to my knowledge they have been ironed out way before the offical forums got closed.I totally agree with anyone that the FeelThere and Wilco alliance has its problems, that it is almost a tradition of Feelthere/Wilco to release their products unfinished and with many very, very obvious and simple to fix bugs, but nonetheless I have to give them some kudos to actually come out with an (FSX) product; something that seems to be more a rare occurrence nowadays.Pat

>I certainly don't want to start the flight with an expectation>of a CTD when choosing a STAR or pushing anything else in the>FMC.I can confirm that they have fixed one of the CTD bugs with the latest release. You can now select "VOR" on the display without the entire sim crashing at some point, which is a small improvement.It would be an even bigger improvement if they actually published a list of what was in the latest Service Pack, rather than leaving it to their customers to guess or to divine it from the entrails of some small animal. But publishing a list of fixes in a Service Pack would be too obvious a "customer service" thing to do, and the Feelthere / Wilco double act just don't do "customer service". In fact, they seem consistently and intuitively to do whatever is the opposite of good customer service. When it comes to customer service, they live on the Dark Side. They are to customer service what Darth Vader was to stress counselling.What endlessly puzzles me is the way that Feelthere stick with this cruddy relationship with Wilco, which tarnishes everything they do, and instead of ditching Wilco, why they appear in forums such as this with disingenuous and halfhearted defenses of Wilco's ineptness. Feelthere remind me of some battered and humiliated woman who believes you should always "stand by your man".Petraeus

Petraeus

I think that FeelThere is well aware of the problems with Wilco.I would be very surprised, if there wasn't any contractual/legal agreement, which prevents FeelThere from parting ways with Wilco. After all, Wilco without FeelThere wouldn't leave a whole lot....Pat

I seem to recall, and btw thxs guys for posting, nice to know there are others out there with a problem like mine. Anyway back on topic. A guy asked the Feelthere team why this didn't work and that didn't work and later on down the track are you going to include this? The answer he received was "The airbus series was never going to as complex as the PIC737" What confounds me is WHY even say that ? LOLOk... Interesting so i guess the question is why in blazes do the plane in the 1st place??. If you re NOT going to do a proper job or put in 100% why do it at all? I think that this appears to be the problem, If you weren't going to do a decent job in the 1st place this is where all the bugs have come from. But as i always say "We'll see" Just that im not getting any younger

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

>If you re NOT going to do a proper job>or put in 100% why do it at all? so PMDG should remove the 1900D from the marketplace because the panel uses default FS9 gauges that are not 100% true the the real-world aircraft ...so CLS should remove their products as the panels are not fully functional, have no FMC/MCDU, and don't model the Abus fly-by-wire control ...dreamfleet should also remove their aircraft models that should have FMCs but don't ...etc., etc., etc...each developer makes design decisions for their aircraft. some focus on visual representation, others on panels, etc.there is plenty market space for different developers to model different aircraft at differing levels of fidelity.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

so PMDG should remove the 1900D from the marketplace because the panel uses default FS9 gauges that are not 100% true the the real-world aircraft ... (Grasping at straws)so CLS should remove their products as the panels are not fully functional, have no FMC/MCDU, and don't model the Airbus fly-by-wire control ... (They state that there FMC is limited)dreamfleet should also remove their aircraft models that should have FMCs but don't ...(from what i see on there site most are GA except there ATR (FMC works) and there 727 which dosent have 1)Guess you should have added Captain sims 757 in there too with there FMC not working... But they say its limited as wellThe premise of this discussion was the fact that and ill repeat is that Wilco/Feelthere Feelthere/Wilco released a NEW SP for the Airbus Vol1 with no readme to explain the changes and when asked a few times this was the ridicules response http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10092So is it a big secret to post what is fixed and what is not? Just checked Wilcos site and there is nothing on there to say and you're site as well. If you're fond of quoting of there major addon companies i think you'll find that a list is posted right after or before the patch is postedCheersMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

I blame FSX.... i think we are seeing the death of simming as we know it. I wonder if fs11 will revive it. Only time will tell. Feelthere has been pretty stable for years.. you know what to expect. All problems with them come from people who expect above what the company has delivered and will deliver :)