Sign in to follow this  

No more echoflight...Solution!

Since echoflight has gone payware I did some hunting and found a few good chart sites if anybody is interested:http://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/index.htmlThis one is great because it has worldwide coverage...all in PDF though. If you want a regular graphics file you can use the Acrobat viewer to select the entire plate graphic, hit the copy button on the toolbar, then paste into paint and save as a .bmp. This works great since I have to paste into printshop to print on the pre-punched/cut jeppessen paper.http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.phpI think this one is only USA but it works great as well...same as above, only PDF files but that will do. No way I'm paying for Echoflight when this good stuff is out there. Don't know how often these update though....Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Your first link (Dafif) does not have many civilian airport charts and worldwide coverage is only partial (mostly airports the US military uses). Its a really good source for military airports though.The 'myairplane' link is a good alternate if you don't want to pay the EchoPlate subsciption.Though IMO the EchoPlate fee of $20 annually is very reasonable and the chart quality is better than those at myairplane.RegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I too was thoroughly disappointed to see EchoFlight go payway. I don't fault them...I'm just the cheepest weasle around. But saying that, I also tend to spend more money than my wife thinks appropriate on magazines and books on the subject of flying.So my solution....I JOINED AOPA....even though the only ticket I have is simulated. The way I see it, I get a great mag...access to volumes of info and flight planning tools in their Members Only section...and support a great organization promoting all aspects of aviation....PLUS, all the charts I need for the US.So I figured....for $39 bucks....I'm still the cheepest weasle around, because I'm getting much more for my money!John

I dont mind paying for NOAA charts at my local FBO. 4.25 a book is definatly not bad at all. Plus a large number of my charts are old versions which I have got for free from various ATC facilities and crew members.No need for any web based chart service anymore for me.