Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Question For Some Of The Repainters Out There

Hi,I'm no artist, I'm not able to create some of the outstanding repaints that I have seen and use here at AVSIM.Now: "Don't Get Me Wrong"I think your work/contribution to the flight simulator community is great, but I do have one question to ask some of the repainters out there. Why, do you spend so much time and effort in creating a repaint, only to upload sample screen captures that are totally in the dark?. For a potential user of your repaint, these uploaded sample screen captures to AVSIM are useless. Can you upload sample screen captures that actually showoff your creative work and not just darkness?.Like I said: "Don't Get Me Wrong, I think your work/contribution to the flight simulation community is great". I just think that your sample screen captures should showoff your work and give the potential user a view of your repaint prior to downloading.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I've got to admit, I sometimes wonder about the same thing myself. Not only completely dark, but sometimes just extremely low quality shots. I mean if you want to showcase your work, you might as well turn up the visual options and make things look nice - framerate be damned...

I would like to voice some of those same thoughts myself. Why upload a repaint without any screenies at all or even a mini picture? I expect on those rare occasions that I should at least see a screen shot in the zipdive. 2. Even if the computer doesn't have the right stuff to run 4X AA smoothly I would expect the AA to be turned up to just get the screen shot.3. Another thing that bugs me is no aircraft shadows for those screen shots on the ground. The airplane seems like it has no connection to the ground or the sun.4. If anything has to match, it is the fuse stripes must meet correctly at the nose where both sides of the airplane meet. If that can't be done at least put a black nose cap in the front.The payware guys have learned that a good repaint will sell an airplane which is what re-painters want to do with their uploads. They want people to download their hard work.