Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

KMSP Blueprint Crossing Runways...

Does anyone know where I can get an AFCAD file with crossing runways for this scenery? If not are there instructions somewhere on how to create an AFCAD like that? Assuming it's not extrememly complicated I would take a crack at it. Thanks for the time.

>Does anyone know where I can get an AFCAD file with crossing>runways for this scenery? If not are there instructions>somewhere on how to create an AFCAD like that? Assuming it's>not extrememly complicated I would take a crack at it. Thanks>for the time.If you're looking for realism, crossing runways aren't really used at MSP. 4/22 is typically closed to all traffic except military and a few heavies, from what I've heard. The 12's/17 and 30's/35 run in unison depending on conditions. I don't know if it will work with that scenery, but search for Jim Vile's kmsp_ils.zip in the library as this will activate those runways for use. Getting multiple runways to work properly with AI is more of a challange than it first appears and Jim uses XML coding to make this happen.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Try this package of mine. An Afcad for the scenery is included that uses the three "parallel" runways. You'll also need one file from Jim's package, it's all explained in the readme.

Mike...

Hi Mike & Kendall, sorry it's taken this long to respond, i've been on the road for a few days. I got Jim's package and followed the installation instructions, putting the KMSP_ILS_JV.bgl file into the Scenery/Generic/Scenery file. What i am getting as a result is either 12LR only, or 30LR only or 35 only. I hear what you guys said about 4-22, so i don't need the crossing runways per se but I would like to get the 3 parrallels working. One thing i did do is use the original AFCAD that came with the BluePrint download, i had done some extensive modification to that so i'd like to keep that AFCAD. Any other ideas on how i can get 17, 12L&R or 35 & 30LR working at the same time? Thanks!!!!!!Richard

Hi Richard, With N/NW winds you should be seeing some activity on the 30's but I've found 35 will take most of the load with AI traffic. Did you install the updated afcad? You should also be hearing all active runways called (plus the dummy runways) via ATIS. If not, check your install, especially the afcad file. Hope it helpsKendall

Regards, Kendall

Open up my Afcad and then look at the runway list. Notice the fake runways, the order, etc... Try and introduce what I've done to your Afcad. Note that there can be maximum 7.9 degrees between two runway headings if they are to be considered parallel by the sim. That should get you going.

Mike...

Hi guys - thanks for the responses, I will go to work tonite and see what kind of results I get, i'll post tomorrow.

Hi Kendall & Mike - just wanted to say thanks for helping me get KMSP set up like I wanted. I now have, with the original BluePrint AFCAD, ATC using 17, 12L&R together and 35, 30L&R together. I had to switch the Reciprocal and Base ends on 17 as the original AFCAD had it listed as 35-17, I made the swtich and changed the true heading and it all looks alright, for some reason though on the list of NAVAIDS i have two runway 35s listed, one of them has the details for runway 17 but it's labeled as Runway 35. Any idea how i can change that? I don't think it's a big deal though because I had aircraft landing on that runway yesterday with 5 miles visibility.

Well, it works best if you delete Navaids for a runway, then delete the runway, then re-insert the runway, then re-add the Navaids. That way everything should be correct.As for your other topic and tutorial question. I think I might write one of my own and upload it to the library. It comes up reguarly and what with the old PAI thread gone, it is needed. I also somewhat know how things work. ;-D

Mike...