Sign in to follow this  
Guest aviation1972

No Afterburners showing all of a sudden...HELP....

Guest aviation1972

After a storm interrupted my power, I had to reinstall Windows XP Pro, as a clean install, and reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 from a complete copy I had stored as a "back-up" on an external hard drive. Everything's back to normal and working perfectly, except for one function. I have no afterburners showing from any of the aircraft I ordinarily would see afterburners glowing behind..... I NEED HELP......There are many aircraft effected. All of a sudden, but all other simulator features are working flawlessly. All my A.I. traffic, worldwide sceneries, aircraft textures, and models, many different cockpits and panels, and all my custom weather scenarios, are ALL working perfectly, BUT I HAVE NO AFTERBURNERS.......please help........Thank You.

If you have reinstalled FS9 from the discs and then copied your backup FS9 over it, then it's possible that some files were not overwritten correctly or that some original files still remain. In this case the results can quite often become "unpredictable".It's better to delete (not to uninstall) your whole newly installed FS9 and then to copy your whole backup FS9 in it's place. Don't forget the 2 folders "Flight Simulator Files" in "Documents and settings/Your name/my documents" and "FS9" in "Documents and settings/Your name/Application Data/Microsoft". I hope you have backed up these two folders also. If not then you cannot use the above procedure.I will agree that the above procedure will break all registry bindings with FS9 file names etc. but as long as your replaced backup uses the same file names, then this should not be a problem because the registry entries will now point to the same replaced file names.If all this sounds too dangerous for you and you are sure that it's only the afterburner effects which do not show up then you should check the following for each aircraft concerned:In the panel.cfg there should be a gauge entry line somewhere, idealy in one of the [VCockpitNN] virtual cockpits, of which the co-ordinates begin with 0,0,Check if this "folder!gauge(name)" or "gauge!gauge(name)" exists either in your main FS9 gauge folder or in your panel folder itself.In the aircraft.cfg [LIGHTS] section the names of your afterburner effects should be present. Check also those in the [sMOKESYSTEM] section.Go to your FS9 Effects folder and check if all the named effects are present.Good luck.Hans