Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

traffic 2005 & stutters

I have been testing fs9 with traffic 2005 and come to the conclusion apart from reducing fps it also dramtically increases stutters, these stutters tend to be very big at a major hub like heathrow Now if you reduce traffic from say 69% to 39% the stutters reduce a lot on landing but is still there.I would like to know which part of a PC hardware might make an impact on performance to reduce these stutters?Would it me GPU memory?GPU stream lines, ie., 24, 112, 128system memory speed?CPU FSB?ETC, ETC..lokking at this way, without traffic 2005 it runs clean no real stutters, so what have we added, more CPU, HDD or GPU memory requests?krishan

FPS is largely, but not exclusively, a result of the number of polygons. The more polygons displayed, the more it takes to display them.There is no such thing as an FS addon which increases polygons and does not decrease performance/ FPS.Stutters on the other hand frequently come from the aircraft which are not displayed but active in the area around the airport to which you are flying/ in your visual range. These aircraft are up to 100nm from your aircraft.Abound London there can be 800-1,000 aircraft active.If there is not sufficient parking for those aircraft at Gatwick, London City, Luton, Stanstead, Biggin Hill, Farnborough, Booker, Northolt, Fairoaks, White Waltham, Hardfiled, Leavesden, Haltom, Elstree, Panshanger, Denham, Odiham, Redhill, Dunsfold, Blackbushe, nad others - that will cause stutters as FS tries to park aircraft and cycles through the process several times before giving up. That will occur every 5-8 minutes as long as you are in the area.Use the Traffic Tool Box Explorer to watch your AI traffic load in that area - to get an idea where you might have issues on your system - and get some extra parking at area airports.

reggieVery intertesting response. I would never have thought that an add-on does not increase stutters. When I load default aircraft I have at 50-60 fps, when I switch to LDS767 its down to 35-45. That would suggest add-on does reduce fps but as you say maybe stutters and fps are NOT directly connected. Now reducing the traffic did reduce the stutters a lot. To check your theory, I will fly somewhere like dubai to abu dhabi and see what happens, if it does not stutter there or somewhere like italy, then you are correct. Now if that proves to be the case, is there a way of getting around this issue at london?regardskrishanPS. My request is really to find out which part of my PC if upgraded would make an impact on perfermance.Asus P5BW-LA Basswood (HP special board) mATXE6400PNY 7600GT 256M2G RAM250 HDD 7200 8M

When you fly in most other places, the stutters is reduced a lot, heathrow is the biggest stutterer!!!!I still think if I had better hardware it will be less, question which piece of hardware changed will have a reasonable impact?krishan

I've done a lot of tests with AI aircraft.The London area can have 800 to 1000 AI aircraft active.New York or Los Angeles will be second and third depending upon your flight plans with 500-800 AI aircraft.It all depends upon your flight plans - I have a lot of GA bizjets and such AI traffic in my FS world. The close presence of other commercial airports adds to the load significnatly.But you are correct - London is the most challenging, most demanding on your computer of any place in the FS world.Atlanta has the most AI flights in commercial flight plans - but the one airport does not equal the five airports in London, the three major and four minor airports in New York, or the five commercial airports in Los Angeles.