Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylanfwhit

Majestic Software and Dreamwings Q400 Merge

Guest dylanfwhit

Hello All, Today I bought the Majestic Software Q300 pilot edition and wanted to try and merge it with the Dreamwings Q400 model. I moved the panel folder from the majestic aircraft folder and moved it into the dreamwings folder. I loaded the aircraft in FS9 and hit "fly now". It began loading and crashed to the desktop. I tried again and kept getting the same results.Has anyone successfully merged these? Any advice?Thanks,Dylan

Guest dylanfwhit

I know, but I am looking for a merge.

I have the PSS merged with the 100 200 300 400.So I'm guessing it wouldn't be much different with the Majestic.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest dylanfwhit

Thats what I thought. But when I transfered the panel folder, FS would crash when I hit "fly now".

Just for curiousity: would you enjoy such an unrealistic combination like the Q400 aircraft and the 100/200/300 series panel?It's like merging Posky 737-800 with FeelThere's 737 classic cockpit. ;)Best regards,Rafal

Guest wji

I've flown all my DHC8-Qs with fanda panels since day one (6-years?)Basically, simply add the Dreamwings model and texture to your Whatever Aircraft Folder (Majestic?) and re-write the aircraft.cfg to utilize these model and textures; i.e., model=dreamwings texture=dreamwings. These folders will be named: texture.dreamwings and model.dreamwingse.g.,{fltsim.6}title=Dash8-Q300 V1.004b Chisel Charter Airline sim=DHC8Q3model=dreamwingspanel=sound=texture=dreamwingschecklists=reference=ui_manufacturer=De Havillandui_type=Dash8-300 v1.004b(gargantuan snip of superfluous drivel)This Dreamwings Q-model with Majestic panel will show up in the Majestic Aircraft List if ui_type=Dash8-300 reads ui_type=MajesticI do not own the Majestic model but this is how I use FREEWARE fanda panel in FS9

Guest dylanfwhit

Thanks for the helpful info. wji, I'll give that a try. Rafal- I'm doing this because there aren't any (good) Q400 panels out there that I can merge it with. If I used a freeware panel with a Garmin GPS, it would be even more unrealistic. Dylan

Dylan, I see your point.I also wish there was a decent DHC8-Q400 product as this is a very nice aircraft (in spite of SAS problems ;) ).All I meant was that system-wise it would be hard for me to enjoy such an unreal merge. And I wondered about you.The more so because Majestic Software is such an expensive product.Let's hope a top developer will give us a Level-D turboprop (other than the DHC8-300 and F1 ATR-725): DHC8-Q400 and Saab 2000.By the way: both the freeware models (Q400 and Saab 2000) are great-looking.Good luck with your merge!I'm sure it can physically be done.Best regards,Rafal

Guest dylanfwhit

Thank you! I'm still working on it. I did contact Majestic Software and they did confirm that they are still working on the Q400, so hopefully it will be out soon :-). Majestic's products are very professional, so I have a good feeling about this. Until then, I will continue trying to merge these aircrafts.Dylan

Not to change subjects but why is it so expensive, is it really that good. At that price it must be better than the flight 1 atr?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>Not to change subjects but why is it so expensive, is it>really that good. At that price it must be better than the>flight 1 atr?IMHO, yes and no.System-wise it is one of the best addons ever. All systems are perfectly simulated, giving a lot of work to hardcore simmers.It also flies great (FDE), has a good VC and lots of extra candies (like the crew voices, music, etc). The sounds are also great. And the FMS seems to work very well, too.Unfortunately the main panel is not a work of art visually speaking.If you enjoy beauties like Bashkatov's panel bitmaps (PSS), you may be disappointed. Plus there is no regular AIRAC update, a definite drawback.So, buying or not depends on how much money you have and how determined you are to fly the Dash 8-300.Best regards,Rafal