Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman3

Exactly What Happened to PSS??????

Guest flynman3

......What was their downfall....internal personal problems???...Lack of creative intellect????....Lack of time to develop???.....or just time for the team to move on...I was shocked to see the main support got to an Unofficial status...

Guest simonmd

Don't get me started, PSS is a four letter word to me!An 'unofficial' PSS support forum has been set up on AVSIM by some volunteers to try and provide support when PSS pulled the plug. I'd have a read through that to get the full picture.

Their 757 failed to sell because of all the problems we told them about, incuding design flows during the previews. They kept telling us that's not true, that it's fixed or that some other user told them its the best thing ever since sliced bread with extra butter.So pretty much, not listening to the customers/potential ones took its tollother problems with them were lack of patches for known bugs

Who knows....who cares?Like many other companies world-wide it's fallen by the wayside.

>Who knows....who cares?>>Like many other companies world-wide it's fallen by the>wayside.FWIW, In the "old days", It was PSS that set many standards in raising the bar for commercial airliner type aircraft. We should give them credit for that.L.Adamson

>FWIW, In the "old days", It was PSS that set many standards in>raising the bar for commercial airliner type aircraft. We>should give them credit for that.>>L.Adamson>I'll second that! Their panels were second to none for those of us who've been around the block a few times!I still fly their Concorde in FS9. One of the best packages they ever produced.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest flynman3

>Who knows....who cares?>>Like many other companies world-wide it's fallen by the>wayside.>I DO.....I happen to have purchased everyone of their products and if I were to lose my HD I would be out a lot.....That is why I was inquiring as to the closure.

Guest Chris1001

FWIW the 757 release was nothing short of a fiasco. Block this, block that, no working FMC, total lack of loading tool.I did buy it when it was (sort of) complete and I found it to be very flyable but I can understand why that particular release upset a lot of people.

Guest magnum_force

>>Who knows....who cares?>>>>Like many other companies world-wide it's fallen by the>>wayside.>>>>>I DO.....I happen to have purchased everyone of their products>and if I were to lose my HD I would be out a lot.....>>That is why I was inquiring as to the closure.If I were you, I would be backing that data up on a fine quality DVD.But, I have a bad habit of backing up everything.

You asked "...What was their downfall...." I don't see what that hasd to do with what's on your hard disk.

>FWIW the 757 release was nothing short of a fiasco. Block>this, block that, no working FMC, total lack of loading tool.>I think you may be confusing your 757s, but 'fiasco' and 'lack of loading tool' are accurateregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I think the group fell apart from within - all the public saw were the symptoms thereof.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark