Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ed Lin

A 9Dragon Kai Tek Install Question

Guest Ed Lin

I haven't flown to this scenery yet but went through the install process last night.I notice in a couple of the folders, for example in the "10 9Dragons - Copy these files to your FS9 Scenery-Generic-scenery" folder there's a readme that says "Rename your default FS9 Generic.bgl to something else...". However, the 9Dragons replacement file has a different name, which is "9DGeneric.bgl".Should this file be copied "as is" with the "9d" in front of it or should the "9D" be removed so that it's actually named "generic.bgl" and replaces the default "generic.bgl".I didn't see anything in the instructions about renaming the 9Dragon files that were replacing default files.Thanks.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Keep the file names on all files "as is". Actually, I don't think there is any harm in renaming, but no reason to either (just don't rename any texture files).scott s..

I had been wondering about that.We rename the originals so that FS can ignore them. Then, why does it not ignore the files with the 9d- names? Is it because only the suffix is important?Just curious.Phil

It is the x.bgl that gets picked up by FS9.Let's say that you have a file calledJoe.bglIt will be seen by and parsed by FS9 If you change it to Joe_original.bgl, it will also be flagged by FS9.Now..if you do NOT want FS9 to process what is in that file, you would name it:Joe.lgb (bgl in reverse) and then save it.FS9 will fly right past that, as it does not recognise that as a working file extension and that way you can keep it in the folder until you want to activate it once more by renaming the .lgb back to .bglTo give me P.A.I. A.I. coverage at 9Dragon's VHHX, I used TTools to add VHHX to the airports and then converted all VHHH flightplans to VHHX and then recompiled back to my created pai_VHHX_Traffic.bgl. I renamed my ORIGINAL pai_traffic.bgl to have a reversed .lgb extension as I did not want this version to be processed by FS9. It just now sits there inert. :)Cheers!Mitch

Guest Ed Lin

Thanks everyone. I think I'm ready to fly.