Sign in to follow this  
Guest AV8RFOOL

Heads up Flight1's Ultimate Traffic announced

Flight1 is based in Atlanta?cool. . . lol

Guest frankcubillos

Yeah they sure are, good bunch of folks too (aren't all Southerner's?) ;-) :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Frank,Some questions:(1) One of my largest gripes about MyTraffic is that it did not incorporate radiused aircraft. Does UT use the radius method? I think the random parking of non-radiused aircraft really detracts from the AI experience. This is really a deal breaker for me.(2) I realize that you're now partnered with PAI, however I really like some of Aardvark's stuff. Will your system balk at me replacing say a PAI 733 with the equivalent Aardvark?(3) If I were to buy a product this late in the FS2002 lifecycle then I would expect support for the transition to FS9. I'm sure you intend the same.(4) I don't recall reading a release date...Thanks.

Iam in Atlanta. I wonder if Flight1 would allow alittle tour :-lol Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Dennis,Let me handle these for you.>(1) One of my largest gripes about MyTraffic is that it did >not incorporate radiused aircraft. Does UT use the radius >method? I think the random parking of non-radiused aircraft >really detracts from the AI experience. This is really a >deal breaker for me. There will be no problem installing radius aircraft if you wish into the program. >(2) I realize that you're now partnered with PAI, however I >really like some of Aardvark's stuff. Will your system balk >at me replacing say a PAI 733 with the equivalent Aardvark? You can reassign traffic to ANY aircraft that you wish to use. Not just ours or PAIs aircraft>(3) If I were to buy a product this late in the FS2002 >lifecycle then I would expect support for the transition to >FS9. I'm sure you intend the same. Of course the product will be made fully FS9 compatible and if a patch is required, it will be made available as soon as FS9 releases.>(4) I don't recall reading a release date... You dont know me very well. I never announce a release date until I know the exact day when the program will ship. This can vary greatly depending on CD replication, beta test, etc..You can assume since it is beta testing that it is getting very close.Hope this answers what you wanted to know.Tom MainFlight One Software

sorry, double post edit out of the text from above

Tim,Will you provide AFD for third party airports as well as great freeware GMAX airports?Will UT be utilizing overlays on airport hubs with multiple-runways?Are planes from different airlines be grouped at certain terminals or will they be scattered like in MyTraffic?Looking forward to your answers.

Guest AV8RFOOL

BoWing,Thanks for your interest in the product. Here are the answers to your questions below.>Will you provide AFD for third party airports as well as great>freeware GMAX airports?Will UT be utilizing overlays on airport >hubs with multiple-runways?There will be 3000+ AFCADs for the default airports in Flight Simulator 2002. You will be able to add user created AFCADs as well as use overlays with the utility interface.>Are planes from different airlines be grouped at certain terminals >or will they be scattered like in MyTraffic?Planes are varied at the airports, but you can add radius aircraft and radius AFCADs to get your "grouped" look.Jeff Smith :-beerchugFlight One Software

Guest sssummer

Do you have an anticipated release date (month) and pricing available yet?? Looks great!

I'm interested .. it is getting a bit tiresome fiddling with the traffic.bgl file.Will this add-on support the use of the AI slider to lower the amount of traffic if it's too much of a hit on performance?Will it include GA traffic?

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello,No final date has been set. It will be "soon" though as we are currently in beta testing. Tom Main doesn't like to give dates on it until he is absolutely sure of it. Hang in there, we'll be giving more information, screenshots, etc. in the coming days at our support site, www.simforums.com.Jeff Smith :-beerchugFlight One Software

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello Mackenson,The add-on will support the use of the AI slider and it has support for GA traffic through the aircraft reassignment tools.Jeff Smith :-beerchugFlight One Software

>Dennis, >>Let me handle these for you. >>>(1) One of my largest gripes about MyTraffic is that it did >>not incorporate radiused aircraft. Does UT use the radius >>method? I think the random parking of non-radiused aircraft >>really detracts from the AI experience. This is really a >>deal breaker for me. >>There will be no problem installing radius aircraft if you >wish into the program. >Tom,That wasn't quite the answer that I was hoping for. If I understand you correctly, default UT traffic will not be radiused according to carrier. UT has a lot of great features that I would like to try, but I don't really relish the idea of taking a payware product and investing a bunch of time to bring it up to the level that I expect. I know 'radiusing' (if there is such a word) is a mother bear to work with to ensure that there are sufficient gates for each carrier, but IMO, it looks horribile when a carrier is scattered all over a large airport. What was the reason behind the decision not to incorporate this? Perhaps future FS versions will allow different means of assigning gates...Thanks,Dennis