Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Text scrolling. How do I get rid of it please (FS9)?

All of a sudden I am getting messages scrolling across the lower left-hand side of my screen: if I open the a/c exits, for instance, I get a scrolling message telling me that's what I am doing, on the lower left-hand side of the screen. Whilst this is happening the screen freezes up and my mouse pointer changes to 'egg timer'Never ever seen this before and it is driving me nuts! Can someoneplease tell me how to switch it off?Thanks,Martin S.

Check this -On the opening screen of FS2004 select Settings and the Realism.There is a little box near the top of the Realism menu that allows you to turn on or off the so called

That's what I looked at first, but the box is not checked. The message doesn't look like or appear in the same place as the MSFS messages either - see screenshot here.Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry - I did not see the screenshot the first time -If the box is indeed unchecked then the next thing I would look for is some new aircraft you have installed recently.Almost sounds like some "clever" item was installed along with a new aircraft.Might be worth removing any relatively new aircraft and see if the problem goes away. Tip: I always put the new gauges which may be a part of an aircraft package into the panel folder of the aircraft - rather than in the FS2004 Gauges folder. FS will check the panel folder first for guages the aircraft may require. Having them there, instead of in the normal gauges folder makes it much easier to uninstall an aircraft that does not meet your expectations - without having unneeded and perhaps faulty gauges still on your system.Keep us posted.

David, I automatically assumed in fact that this wonderful new feature had been installed by the Ready-for-Pushback 747-200 I just installed and removed the RFP folder from FS9 - but the scrolling continues. The installation is through setup on CD, so I didn't have any choice where the gauges went. I don't think that there can be anything in the aircraft folders themselves that cause this (the usual textures, mdl files etc.).I will certainly continue to experiment today, removing gauges etc., but as I can find no mention of this in any of the RFP manuals or on their forum, it may not be this a/c after all. I posted a question on JustFlight forum anyway. (No response yet).If the scrolling didn't make the sim stagger like it does, I might even put up with it (it only seems to happen when you start a flight or when you open/ close doors), but I must get rid of it. Will keep you posted, so to speak...Martin

That is good news - figured it had something to do with something you had recently installed.

You may wish to look at tips_and_tricks_16.zip from Avsim.That issue includes a discussion of what you CAN do with the Adv display module - it can be very useful.