Sign in to follow this  
Guest hamish77

9 Dragons AI Problem..........

Guest hamish77

Firstly I would like to say what a WONDERFUL scenery this is and thank you to the whole team who spent many hours making it for all of us to enjoy.....I have a problem with getting my AI to work at the airport. I read the instructions carefully and I am using Traffic 2005 as my AI program. Basically i have decompiled my Traffic.blg file with TT Tools and added the airport cordinates to the list of airports in the txt file... I have then opened the flightplans and changed all the VHHH to VHHX (this took about 15 mins to replace using notepad)and then finally added one 9 Dragons AFCAD file to the Traffic2005 AFD folder. I must be doing something wrong because when I start FS2004 turn up Traffic to 100% all I see is one lonely China Southwest airplane on the apron and no other planes and no flights seem to arrive even after waiting 20 mins... I have posted this problenm also in the Just Flight Traffic 2005 user forum but had no replies so if anyone here is either using the same program or knows what I am doing wrong any help would be most appreciated.......Many Thanks

I did exactly what you did, and have the whole airport filled with P.A.I. aircraft.I have Cathay Pacific, Air China, Korean Air, some cargo derivatives, etc.Being that you do have an Air China...leaves me to believe that you do not have many VHHH converted to VHHX flight plans in your Traffic 2005 set-up.Also, try setting the time of day to 11:00 a.m. You might also want to try out P.A.I.'s A.I. aircraft. I can assure you that their system has plenty of flights that were intended for VHHH, but when you convert as you did, will instead, land and take off from VHHX. You have got to see a VHHX A.I. approach...it is a beautiful thing...especially with the heavies!Mitch

Hi,Check your decompiled flight plan file again and see how many VHHH entries are still there (Notepad might have not done the job). If there are any, open the file in *Wordpad* and do the search and replace again. You should always use Wordpad when handling large files (the process will also take a second or two, not 15 minutes).Then compile the file and try it again.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thx Tom for your input. Shoulda told simmers to use Wordpad other than Notepad. ;-)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest c210_cvs

I'm using MT2006 and there is no traffic.bgl file in my scenery/world/scenery dir.Does anyone know what I need to edit to get AI into this wonderful scenery?!?