Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Filemon & AISmooth

Looking through the Filemon log I see dozens, probably hundreds of attempts to locate a file called AISmooth_RO.db-journal. The lines in Filemon look like this:AISmooth.exe:1248 QUERY INFORMATION G:Program FilesAISmoothAISmooth_RO.db-journal NOT FOUND Attributes: ErrorObvioulsy I am running AISmooth, but does anyone know what this file is and if I should really have it? Thanks,Martin

Now I look further there are literally thousands of entries for this! Is this continual searching/not finding going to be losing memory in FS? I am always wary of errors that are repeated in this way..Martin

I also run AISmooth and a quick check in my modules folder shows that the file in question is there. I have no idea what it does or if my system is continually looking for it as yours seems to be.Actually i find three AISmooth related files:AISmooth.exeAISmooth_RO.dbAISmooth_RW.dbYou might want to check and see what is in your modules folder.I am running bersion 1.20

Just a thought, but methinks Filemon can't tell that AI Smooth is looking at "-journal" in AISmooth_RO.db, which does exist and is used all the time, I think...Filemon does not understand everything. It only understands what it's programmed to.Or not.

Mike...

Yes, I had found those files, but not the 'journal' bit. Filemon is not 'programmed' to search for particular files, it just logs what Windows is looking for..I have e-mailed AISmooth tech support to see what they say. If I get an answer, I'll post back.Martin

Potato potato. < That so doesn't work in written text. Hope you get an answer, not likely though, more than a year ago an new version was announced and there has been no news since.By the way, I get the same error.

Mike...

Got an answer straight back:"The db-journal files are just temporary files that the database engine of AISmooth uses. There

Well there ya go. I've sent him a mail asking about v2, wonder what he has to say about that.Any particular reason your were filemonning or are you just one of those people who spends more time filemonning than flying? :(I'm one of those people who spends more time on his AI than flying. What a hobby, huh. ;-)

Mike...

Yes, I seem to spend about 10% of the time flying, 90% 'tinkering' with the files. At the moment trying to minimise memory leakage with certain payware a/c - hence scanning through the filemon log.. Decided also to convert all my a/c 32-bit textures to DXT3 (never been able to see the difference) which will improve loading times and also save several GBs of space on my hard drive. I've backed up & zipped all the 32-bit originals, now doing batch conversion, but with over 3000 files, it's going to be an ongoing task.What a hobby, as you say! Still, it keeps me off the street, though whether being kept off the street is a good option, I am not too sure!).M.