Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Kai Tak 9Dragons: AI to the left of IGS track

I have a problem with the AI traffic performing the IGS on rwy 13: when they should be on the ILS, heading 088, before turning right for the visual approach, they in fact are not on the ILS, but shifted to the left almost a mile, so their turn is wider and less challenging than it should be. Is it my problem only or it couldn't be done better? In my Generic folder I put both Generic.bgl by 9Dragons and 9D_VHHX_IGS_Approach.bgl.Thank you.James

James Goggi

No, I don't think it is your problem but a general issue with FS9 AI in general and how it operates. There are limiting factors beyond my understanding where certain AI aircraft will react differently to the approach. Perhaps someone with greater AI knowledge will chime in here. For example, just with the landing I have seen some miss the centerline (like in the real-world), and in fact land on grass!We just don't have complete control over the aircraft like the one we fly with. But if ALL your aircraft are coming in a mile off the ILS, like approaching straight in or going through mountains, then your installation is not fully correct.Hope that helps

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have adjusted a handful of my world of ai airlines to go to Kai Tak and so far they perform flawlessly. Not sure if it has to do with the AI packages or not but so far so good. I havent adjusted any Ultimate traffic flightplans to fly there as I am one by one replacing them with World of ai. MAybe somone with more knowledge will speak up about that as Clutch said.

JamesTo my knowledge, most real world heavies DID come in somewhat to the left of track on the IGS, to give themselves enough time to turn the 47 degrees necessary to line up and to maximise their straight path on the final. That said, not TOO far left, otherwise they would have taken out one of Clutch's dragons (although I suspect in the meeting of granite and alloy, granite would have won) and he'd have to rename his scenery :)MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

It does indeed have to do with the type of AI models you are using.The FDE's are going to be different from UT to MyTraffic to the freeware custom stuff like Aardvark.For reference: I use custom AI built years ago on the Aardvark, FSPainter models with free flightplans such as MRAI and mine fly the turn perfectly. They sometime miss the centreline too but that's great I think! Adds the human touch.I think you should re-build one airline on another platorm and see how that goes. If it lands well then do the rest. I used Ultimate Traffic once years ago and thought it was garbage.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU