Sign in to follow this  
Guest hamish77

9 Dragons Runway Texture disappearing??

Guest hamish77

I have discovered after completing a flight from EGLL-VHHX that on the approach probably 800 ft from thr threshold the runway texture would disappear to be replaced by grass and this would carry on right down to the end... I have been having trouble with trying to get AI to work at this airport with Traffic 2005 ( I followed instructions using TT Tools decompiled, recompiled with all flightplans changed to VHHX and adding the AFCAD file to Traffic 2005AFD folder but still not seeing any planes taking off or landing!!) I wonder if I should do a complete uninstall and re installation of the scenery... I am trying to see if I have any duplicate AFCAD flies in the scenery folders would that be a cause for the textures problem??

I'm glad that I am reading that someone else is also having the same problem as I am?I have nailed it down to the fact that the hieght using the default Cessna is 4.7ft at the runway.The same height in my freind's P.C. using the same is 3.7ft! He see's the runway, I just see grasshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183246.jpg

Dave Taylor gb.png

Did you use Flightsoft's VHHX before together with the AFCAD by F.KABALU ?If yes, remember there was a change in airport level which has to be changed back to default -> see the readme of F.KABALU's file.Peter

Guest hamish77

No I have never had any other VHHX scenery installed.......

Guest hamish77

No I have never had any other VHHX scenery installed.......

My first suspicion is you may have a 2nd VHHX AFCAD somewhere on your system causing the mis-match.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have searched my system and looked for any dregs left by any Hong Kong files and it's clear apart from '9dragons'AFCADS.HELP

Dave Taylor gb.png

>No I have never had any other VHHX scenery installed.......-------------------------------------Hammish, stick with it! I know we ALL hate to see this kind of post---but I do not have any issues with 9Dragon VHHX, my P.A.I. a.i. aircraft comes and goes off of runway 13 and none of my P.I.C. approaches has the runway texture disappear right down to touchdown.I have never had any other VHHX or VHHH custom scenery installed before this, and quickly this is my system:Pent 4 3.4GhzATI (actual) 1950 Pro 256 Drivers ATI 7.10 (running with everything maxed out)3 Gigs of RAMSo, nothing exotic.With full A.I. showing, coming and going, I run between 22 FPS (low) to my normal locked 29 FPS.Stick with it, you'll sort it out.Mitch

Okay I deleted everything aND RE-INSTALLED the scenery once again and this is what I have now?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183265.jpgWhy am I banging my head?What height do you have in the default Cessna?Here's another view.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183268.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183269.jpg

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yo, Dave, how hangs it?Have you another mesh installed, perchance? There have been several released for Hong Kong.... SRTM, GAIA etc.... I myself had to go through my files carefully when installing 9FieryThings to make sure I had disabled all such stuff. Just a thought.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Hi Mark, I hope your well matey?Yes, I have 'searched' and searched, I have opened everything spending hours trying to find the solution?I even deleted it all and barring deleting FS9, I'm at a total loss.Could this be an omen mark? I checked google earth and the site was all dug up! perhaps there really IS grass there now eh? :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest simonmd

Well, actualy, yes there is! However, i'm sure your PC is not some kind of continuity nut, insisting on KaiTak as it is now!Right, you've got the right textures installed now so i'm trusting you have done everything else by the book. The only conclusion I can make therefore is that at some time in the past, your main FS9 files have been overwritten and the area changed somehow.I had a not to dissimilar problem with Zurich about six months ago. I'd installed the then new 'Freez' scenery and had grass all over the runways similar to what you have now. Constant searching the FS9 folder failed to find any conflict as I had removed EVERYTHING connected with the area but it even happened with the default airport!In the end, it was suggested that the main world scenery file for that area had been changed and to reinstall.However, I was lucky enough to have a 'default' installation of FS9 on my laptop with original files. I copied over the corresponding file for that area and BINGO, problem solved!So, that's my thinking. At some point in the past, you've installed something from the HK area that's buggered it up. I'll try and find out what file you need to look at for you.

Guest hamish77

OK I have figured out the missing AI traffic thanks to a wonderful person who said check the co ordinates of the VHHX airport when TTTools decompiles the traffic.bgl I had entered the new co ordinates into Traffic 2005 Airport Editor and saved but it had NOT changed them in the airport txt file so now I have an airport teaming with aircraft.....Fantastic!!!!I still have the runway texture issue and will check if I have any other mesh installed... I will do an uninstall and re install that may help the problem.... I have one question... as this is such an amazing scenery and obviously lots of pepole would want to have it would it have been very difficult to do a self installer (is it a very difficult to program)? The reason I ask is for someone that is not so computer literate there are a few moments that you could become unstuck with the installation and there must be a lot of flightsimmers wwho would not know where to begin......Cheers