Sign in to follow this  
Guest hamish77

9 Dragons Runway Texture disappearing??

"as this is such an amazing scenery and obviously lots of people would want to have it would it have been very difficult to do a self installer"Well, actually it is... if it's the first time you've ever created one. But I can say we are working on one as I speak (or I should say as I type), but I cannot make any promises (only gets ya in trouble ;-) )

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>I'll try and find out what file you need to look at for you.Any luck yet Simon? :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest simonmd

Sorry not been able, with my megre knowledge of the idividual scenery files in FS9, to find exactly which one.My best 'shotgun' approach is for you to open disk4 of FS9. Then double click the Scenery folder and again the Asia cab file. Select all the '.bgl' files in the Asia.cab and copy them to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryasiasceneryThis will overwrite any of the default files that may have been changed.

Hi Dave,I do not have any texture problems at VHHX with the new 9Dragons scenery so in an attempt to help I had a look at FSNav to see which default files are used in that area.The TD VOR is picked up from FS9Sceneryasiascenerynvrasiao.bglIf I look at that file I see the current one is dated 29/01/2006 and the original is dated 21/05/2003.All the files in FS9SceneryWorldScenery are dated 21/05/2003I'm not sure if that will help but it would be worth checking those files.If you do have any mesh in that area I would disable it in the scenery library and see if that helps.BTW If I position the Cessna as your is the altitude is 3.7ftHTH

Thanks Simon, did that but it's still the same. The Cessna height is now '4.1ft'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest tango papa

I might have a solution to finding the correct elevation for the runways. Do a search for the Finney Ground Crosshairs_Plus, (chplus.zip). This is a very highly accurate tool for locating scenery objects, Lat. and Long., and elevation. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest lgvpilot1

This may sound stupid and chances are it probably is !Im sure i read somewhere in the 9d manual that the guys lowered the airport (i could be wrong)If that is the case could something like Photograss beta or some other texture download be the cause of your problems?Just a thought .Mark

Mark, thanks for asking. No, is the answer.The height of the default Cessna stands at the moment at 4.1ft when it should be at 3.7ft.Head banging time:-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest lgvpilot1

Dave If as you say you have not installed any other scenery or airport ,then in your scenery/asia/scenery all files except the 2 from 9dragons should be dated 21/05/2003I have a stock installation of fs9 on my laptop and all the scenery/asia/scenery files are from that date Might be worth poking around in that folder or the texture folder to see if there are any other files with a different date stampI know on my other machine i have files from 2005 in my scenery/asia/texture folder but I presume they are from VHHH2005b which is deactivatedAll the files from my 9dragons temp folder are dated 2008 As i say there is no harm in looking , its got to be easier than a complete reinstall of fs9 !!Good luckMark

Thanks Mark, even though I have done it before I did it once more overwriting everything else to no avail unfortunately?The strange thing is; the taxiways remain intact and I have no problems using them.The runway lights shine through the runway at night but grass shows as in the pics I sent in in daylight.So, the question is; are the runways lowered? 9 Dragons, your very quiet? :-(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest lgvpilot1

Dave Did you delete and replace the folder(s) or just over write the folder?Over writing the folder will not change any files which are not named in the original cabI,ve been looking at both versions of Kai Tak (fs9 original on my laptop) with afcad and the elevation of both are the same 0.0My next thought was to have a look a the other afcads that came with 9dragons but i very much doubt that the problem would lie there In fact at the moment Im trying to lower (and raise) my airport to recreate your problem and to be honest apart from doing it the most obvious way (afcad) Im struggling!!!Just out of interest what add ons did you have previous to 9dragons Mark

Guest lgvpilot1

Dave just another thoughtIf you are convinced that you have no other scenery , texture or afcad causing your problem and you followed the installation instructions to the letter (I have no doubt that you did )Then could it be possible that during the stampede to download Kai Tak you have been so unfortunate to have a corrupt file ?Would it be worth re downloading 9dragons before you either give up on it or go for the dreaded re install of fs9 and all that goes with it ?I know it would take me hours probably all day to reset my flight sim ,its a real PITA Have fun:-) Mark

Mark, I am definately not going to re-install FS9 for the sake of one scenery file but the the problem with this one is; there is no uninstaller.I will try another download though

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,If I may chime in. I have been trying to watch threads where simmers need assistance but I have been so busy prepping 9Dragons Version 2 it has taken all my attention.First, sorry about the problems you our having with my scenery. Please, DO NOT even think about re-installing FS9 for 9Dragons. Gawd!I may know the answer to our problem. Tell me, are you familiar with the applet AFCAD? Try this:1. If so, start the program and open up the 9D AFCAD you are using when seeing your issue. 2. Right-Click anywhere around the airport (but not on it).3. Select properties. You will then see a window to get the overall project window to come up.4. Look at the 'Elevation(ft ASL)' box. I bet it says 1.0 feet. Change that to 0.0, save the file and try again with it in FS9. If this solves your issue I wonder why I am not being slammed with many simmers with the same issue? You think it would be universal. The upcoming patch and V2 will have all AFCADs at 0 feet. Of course if you do not know AFCAD you can wait a little longer for our update.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit