Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Installing FS9 AFTER FSX?

Hello all,I just did a fresh install of FSX with all my add-ons (FS Genesis, UTX, GEX, FEX, ASX) and now I would like to install FS9.Is this something that is going to cause issues for my FSX install and/or adversely affect the FS9 install I will be attempting? With howe long this takes, I would hate to bork something up.I will be installing FS Genesis, UT (nned to buy this one), GE PRO, FE, and AS 6.5 for the FS9 install.Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I did exactly as you are considering doing. I have two 500 gig hard drives and installed FSX, SP1, ACCELL on my C: drive and then FS9 on my E: drive. EDIT: These were all clean installs on a new machine! I had no issues what so ever. See system specs below. Keep in mind that FS9 may or may not be registered (mine wasn't) and you will have to manually point add-on's, exe's, to its location, but otherwise no issues here.BTW... UT for FSX is fantastic (IMHO). Justin's FSGenesis for FSX suffers from some elevation issues (not his fault but that of FSX) in smaller airports, like KCHO, my home a/p.

Thx, Tom.I am really enjoying UTX. Great add-on. I still need UT for FS9 though. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

ShaneI have several "installs" on my main hard drives:FSX Acceleration with lots of addons, all-singing all-dancingFSX Acceleration default for testing dev workFS9 loaded as aboveFS9 default as aboveGolden Wings for '50s and before No conflicts. I have different EXE files for the sims, too, so that I can have stick/pedals configured on one, for example, and yoke/pedals/throttle quad on another.The trick there is to simply make a copy of and rename the FS9.EXE file, to say, FS9STICK.EXE and then make a copy of the FS9.CFG file and call that FS9STICK.CFG correspondingly. Make shortcuts to both EXE files and bingo, different setups.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]