Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrdubin6

Active camera and high FPS

Guest vrdubin6

Just wondering if there is any way to cure the jerking with head latency caused in the internal pilot view when the FPS is over 25FPS. I love the latency feature, but that extra 5FPS just makes the sim so much more smooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Head Latency can be adjusted on the Settings menu

ngxu_banner.png

>The Head Latency can be adjusted on the Settings menuI think the poster knows this. I am new to Active Camera and have also noticed some "jerky" behavior when latency is set at, say, 0.20 or higher. The sim still runs at a very high frame rate, but has random spasms from time to time. I think that is what is in question here. I am also curious about this myself.

I don't rely so much on FPS numbers to tell me how well the sim is running.I look out of the side window to see how smoothly the scenery passes by, by fixing on a point.For a long time I couldn't chase down the micro-stutters that I was seeing as the scenery passed by.Finally somehow I figured out it was the head latency in active camera. Even at .10 I saw the micro-stutters. They disappeared when I turned it off. I decided I liked the sensation of a smooth gliding ride through the air more than the head latency.I supposed some computer systems can give you "your cake and eat it too".I do keep the ground turbulence effect with a high setting though to separate a ground based suspension ride from an air based wing ride.