Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

Block coast lines in the Bahamas ????

Guest Logan826

I have FSG installed and a few other scenery files for the area installed, but for some reason my coastlines are square (blocks). The US coastlines are fine leaving KMIA. I flew down to the Virgin Islands and they are fine aswell. It's just the Bahamas. It was this way with the default scenery aswell that's why I installed the FSG landclass and some other sceneries for the area. Any thoughts ??Thanks, Dan K

Guest Logan826

Anybody have thoughts on this ??Dan

A well known problem, hitting me too from time to time. It's a missing .bgl file which defines the coastline. The problem is only to find out which file it is (LWMView can be a little help here).Andreas

These normally occur when a scenery is removed.Quite a few sceneries replace the default coastlines with their custom files (Ultimate Terrain to name one).When that scenery is removed and the removal is not done according to the instructions - the default files are not put back in place - at least in the case of Ultimate Terrain.This also occurs when people just unselect the scenery in the scenery library/ scenery.cfg file.The addon install has a function to restore the default scenery files.For the Bahamas - I'm not sure which scenery might impact that area - Freeflow Florida maybe ?

Guest JamesMc

I have this problem as well. I've been led to believe it's from me uninstalling Ultimate Terrain incorrectly. I was told if you use the config for UT there is a choice to reinstall the default textures. I just haven't had a chance to put it back in and try it yet. If you've used UT this might be worth a try.

Do you, or did you ever have Freeflow Bahamas installed? If so, the installer deactivates the base Bahamas files before installing its own. If you didn't uninstall properly or haven't activated the Freeflow Bahamas scenery layers then you will see this problem.That could explain the problem you are having.Hope this helps,Ian

Guest Logan826

I do have UT and FF Florida and FF Bahamas installed along with GE Pro and FSG Mesh. From what I've heard and seen all of these should play nice togeather. Florida looks great. I tried reinstalling UT and GE and am going to try later tonight to see if it's fixed. Thanks for the replies. I dl'd lvm viewer just incase. Does anyone have any idea how to find out which bgl file is for this area ??Dan

In which case I would respectfully submit there is a problem with the Freeflow Bahamas Class and Mesh or Freeflow Bahamas directories. Either the files in them are damaged in some way or they are not referenced properly in FS. I can't imagine UT or GE having any effect on this problem.Maybe a reinstall of said product would cure this.Hope this helps,Ian

Installer programs often replace/overwrite native FS9 files but when uninstalling they do not always re-replace them with the original ones. This is one of the reasons why I hate installer programs.Here's something that should fix your Bahamas problem:The native FS9 Bahama coast lines are covered by three .bgl files in your main FS9 Scenery/NAME/scenery folder. HP927220.bgl for the Northern part of the Bahamas. HP927230.bgl for the central part and HP927240.bgl for the Southern part.Replace these three files by the original ones from FS9 disc 3 MSGAME8.CAB.Take care because these files look very much alike so don't copy the wrong ones.Good luck.Hans

>Installer programs often replace/overwrite native FS9 files>but when uninstalling they do not always re-replace them with>the original ones. This is one of the reasons why I hate>installer programs.The good old problem of versioning control again...To have full control over installation processes and replacements/restores of the proper files, there would be a clever database needed to record the changes and the order of them.Until installers do unwanted things and have no such full versioning control and no database, installing e.g. three products consecutively and removing the first one again could leave the files in a completely inconsistant and wrong state with no cure possible.In the case of FS, this is missing coast lines for instance.I currently see no product or method to allow for versioning installs and full change tracking etc. in Windows...Andreas

Guest Logan826

Guys, I did a reinstall of UT and GE (what a hassle, well getting my textures created again) then did some low level flying over this area. Everything looked great, I went FL180 and the coastlines still looked good. Tonight I will try and leave KMIA and fly into the area and see what happens. Thanks for all the replies. Hans, thanks for looking up those files for me. that saved me a ton of time.Thanks and I'll report back.Dan

hiI recently experienced a similar problem with square coasts after installng Freeflow even theough I uninstalled as fast as I could as not happy with the results. Checkeing the NAME scenery folder I noticed that Freeflow deactivates several stock files so rather than remove individually I deleted the entire folder and reinstalled from disc 3 - with success and coasts now normal.What annoys me in particular is why install prgorammes need to mess with stock files without warning.Meanwhile thanks to the search facilty I was able to save myself many frustrating hours and sort the issue out inside 15 minutes.John