Sign in to follow this  

King of the LightWeights?

I have seen the Dash 8 pics, and they look pretty cool. That one is a little larger than what I had in mind, but I do want to get it.ThanksRobb

Guest gasebah

This is just to add one more vote for the SF-260.There is no flight model in FS2K2 that comes anywhere near so far. And I have them all!! Period.Alex

Where can I find Ron Freiumuths .air file for the 172?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Leave your E-mail address if you want, & I'll send it to you. BTW- RealAir Simulations should also be releasing a new 172 file shortly. Based on passed experiences, it should be a good one.L.Adamson

I have the SF.260 and the Meridian (and some others). I like the '260 a lot, but I think the Meridian is the bee's knees. Now, I'm an engineer/geek with a weakness for hi-tech toys, which probably has something to do with that - I love the way the STEC autopilot/preselector is integrated with the Garmin GPS and the Meggitt EFIS displays. But I think it's more that you can follow about 95% of the real aircraft's checklist and perform those functions in the Meridian (e.g. realistic engine start, cabin pressurization, system configuration, etc.). The Flight1 guys have gone the extra mile to emulate pretty much everything that I can think of that's in the real plane, other than the circuit breakers.I got my instrument rating in November, but I'm sorry to say that I've only flown a fixed wing aircraft once since then, mostly due to budget (or lack thereof). But in the meantime, I feel that flying the F1 Meridian, with full checklist/procedure adherence, keeps my head "in the game" and is useful practice for when(ever) I get my high performance endorsement. Oh yeah, it's really fast too 8^) .One other poster said he hated the Meridian due to the systems complexity, and to be sure it's got a lot more going on than other FS GA airplanes. If you like a more basic/traditional aircraft, then the SF.260 is a good choice. I used it a lot for practice while working on my inst. rating, primarily because of its wonderful IFR almost full-screen panel.Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>>One other poster said he hated the Meridian due to the >systems complexity, and to be sure it's got a lot more going >on than other FS GA airplanes. If you like a more >basic/traditional aircraft, then the SF.260 is a good >choice. I used it a lot for practice while working on my >inst. rating, primarily because of its wonderful IFR almost >full-screen panel. >It's been at least three weeks since I've had the Meridian & I havn't got past the startup pages on the digital panels. :) For whatever reason, I can't get the "pilot manual" downloads, although other Adobe pages work just fine. Actually, I've been too involved in wiring & plumbing the systems in my experimental aircraft to resolve getting the manual. But in the meantime, I can't even figure the switches to get the Meridian panel going............and I'm sure I'm missing a lot! :)As to the SF260, I just happen to like it's aerobatic potential (flight dynamics), although it will build up speed on the "downhill" rather fast & wouldn't be used for full blown aerobatics. But it is capable of even tailslides that look quite authentic, as well as snap rolls, inverted spins & hammerheads.L.Adamson

May I point out that our Marchetti SF260 and the Meridian are completely different kinds of aircraft and do not really stand comparison due to their widely differing characteristics.Both aircraft (as far as FS2002 is concerned) are fully IFR enabled, but the Meridian is a luxury cruiser with very sophisticated avionics. While the SF260 is perfectly capable of cruising, and does so with great stability, both VFR and IFR, it's primary roll is that of a high performance sport aircraft and military trainer, with a bubble canopy and panoramic views, being capable of a host of authentic aerobatics including spinning, hammerhead turns and snap rolls.No-one in their right mind would attempt these maneouvres in the Meridian. It is not my business to say which aircraft is better, but even if it was, I would not attempt to compare two fundamentally different kinds of aircraft.Best Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest AV8RFOOL

L.Adamson,Glad you are enjoying the Meridian. The User Guide helps you out quite a bit on learning how to manuever the pages. Once you get the knob function down its easy to program the GPS. Make sure you have the latest copy of Adobe. You can get it here:http://cgim.adobe.com/acrobat/reader19/dow...?JustSendFile=YJeff Smith :-beerchugFlight One Software

Well it's good to see the original poster correct about the best aircraft ever made for FS = PIC 767! I have to agree that the Sai Marchetti is the best to me. I have not had the pleasure of the Meridian yet but i'm sure it's king of the GAs. Let's not forget the FSD Commander 115, PSS Seneca V and Flight 1's Piper Archer. There are others who create a nice feeling of flight like a few from Carenado. Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith [h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"