Sign in to follow this  
Guest 28right

Posky's V4 747's: No Spoilerons?

Guest 28right

I've downloaded a few of Project Opensky's V4 747's and noticed that the spoilerons don't work like on earlier versions. However, I also notice that the nosewheel does not turn with my current joystick (I understand that the nosewheel will only turn now with a twisting joystick and I don't have one). Perhaps the spoilerons will work if I get a new joystick and disable auto rudder, but I don't know. Anyone have any info? I hope this wasn't forgotten on these models as I believe this is something that real 747's feature.

Guest simonmd

I don't have the POSKY 747v4 but have you tried useing the rudder controls to turn the wheel? This is quite common and needs the numpad keys '0' and 'Enter' to operate.

Hi, don't know about the spoilerons, but I'm pretty sure that no matter what type of controller you use...you'll have a heck of a time trying to steer it on the ground. As I understand it, it's made so the rudder is locked between 1 and 60knots, but the nose wheel should turn when you start moving. Not that it makes much difference as the thing just slides like you are on ice. They make a beautiful visual model...but getting it to and from the gate was just too much of a pain...plus the nose gear going through the tarmac and causing damage to the nose every time you apply the brakes. I deleted them and just stick to the PMDG.Russell.

Guest 28right

There was a vague post on the Posky forum that indicated that the spoilerons could be activated by turning them on in the FDE. Anyone know what this means? I know how to modify the aircraft.cfg but I'm not sure if this is what he meant. I can't seem to get registered at Posky to use their forum.

In the [airplane geometry] section of the aircraft.cfg set the following:spoilerons_available= 1aileron_to_spoileron_gain= 3min_ailerons_for_spoilerons= 10min_flaps_for_spoilerons= 0They don't set them because they think the representation of spoilerons is not realistic enough in FS.Guy

Guest 28right

>In the [airplane geometry] section of the aircraft.cfg set>the following:>>spoilerons_available= 1>aileron_to_spoileron_gain= 3>min_ailerons_for_spoilerons= 10>min_flaps_for_spoilerons= 0>>They don't set them because they think the representation of>spoilerons is not realistic enough in FS.>>GuyThat's the one!Thanks!