Sign in to follow this  
Guest BluWolfe

Question on AVCAD

Guest JoeNichols

I am new to adding on to FS. Going through the file library I noticed some file called AVCAD's what are these and what do they do. Thank you in advance.

Hi Joe,I tried to find "AVCAD" and I could not. I suspect that you are referring to "AFCAD". I am horrible at explaining things so let me offer this. Go to the library files and search for AFCAD by Lee Swordy. There are 2 versions. one for 2002 and one for F9. It is a "Must have" tools in my opinion fro everyone who participates in this hobby.Then go to the furums and see all the other help available and questions answered.If this does not answer you question I apologizeMonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest JoeNichols

Thank you for your reply Monnie. Yes I did mean AFCAD. I was just wonder what all those file were you know because there are all kinds of downloads like planes, panels, scenery, among other things that I have seem all over the net, but I have never seem anything called a AFCAD so I was wondering what it did for FS. Thank you I will thry what you said to do.

Guest BluWolfe

AFCAD - It's the only way to fly! Leo Swordy's program is a must for Sim Pilots that use AI. Basically, AFCAD files are operational reconstructions of the airports used in Flight Simulator. The program allows you to edit airports - it has a lot of features, but the one I use the most is placing parking for specific plane types and even by airline. For example, you can specify that all American Airlines flights go to specific gates. This is the simple explanation. You have to check it out for yourself to truly understand it.