Sign in to follow this  
Guest 28right

Posky's 767-300ER (V4) Tough to land?

Guest 28right

I have several addon aircraft for which I can typically land near perfectly. However, I've almost given up on trying to land my Project Opensky 767-300ER V4 (in photorealistic AA livery....awesome looking plane I have to say!). The usual routine is a pretty good approach (although this thing really bleeds-off speed quickly and loses altitude really fast), but then I always notice I'm dropping a little too fast near the threashold (even with a speed up around 160 kts and proper flap settings) and typically don't get a good flare (if any) and I will almost always bounce off the runway about 20' or more. A slight increase in engine thrust to try to help facilitate a better flare and maintain about 160 knots or so will usually result in an unintentional go-around as the slight increase causes a pretty dramatic and sudden altitude increase. Question is, is this thing supposed to be this dang hard to land? Is this the only realistic aircraft and all the others I have are just child's play? I've heard people mentioning changing FDE's but I'm not sure how this can be done or where the FDE lives (air file? model file?). Any help would be appreciated.

I know exactly how you feel and gave up on Posky's 763 a long time ago. The difference between it and the LDS 763 FDE is night and day. The moment I first hand flew the approach in the LDS bird, I was amazed how vastly different it felt. Just my opinion.

Blake

Guest ThrottleUp

Theres a small trick you can try.1. Make sure Unlimited Fuel is selected.2. Empty the tanks & all the payload & now do your landing (you will have to land much slower...130kts or so)3. Try the same as above but leave 100% fuel in the center tank.If you are a casual simmer like me then this wont matter to you but if you like uber-real simming then you are probably hurling tomatoes at my reply :(

I used to fly one with FSPassengers and I'd get a derogatory comment from the co-pilot and a hit to my landing score every time, even if the landing seemed acceptable to me. I think it's because they've got things so bound up and twisted around in the contact points in an attempt to give it a heavy "feel". It's sorta like trying to balance a 400,000 lb airplane on a ballet slipper I think :) .There are some alternate "3-point, non-realistic feel, non-footprint contact points" in the aircraft.cfg you can activate and use, but I've never tried it. There's also an "easy FDE" available that supposedly makes it fly like the default 777. I have tried that and I hated it, the airplane was grossly overpowered and in my opinion didn't even slightly resemble the flight characteristics of the default 777.Somehow I still have a soft spot for the Posky 767 (and Posky in general), it's actually one of my favorite airplanes. I am finally able to make fairly smooth landings with it, but it requires a lot of runway to bleed off enough speed to set it down gently without ballooning back up into the sky. I usually fly short final at 140 kts with full flaps, spoilers armed, and make sure I'm landing as light as possible.Jim