Sign in to follow this  
Guest 28right

AI Aircraft Changes: Easiest Way to Start?

Guest 28right

I know that there are volumes of AI aircraft available for addon (freeware). While I have downloaded several (regular) freeware aircraft and have made a number of panel aircraft config changes, I have no idea where to start or how to go about adding or changing AI aircraft. Can you just get new textures for existing AI aircraft? Otherwise, what's the easiest way to break into making AI aircraft changes? I would like to start seeing some real liveries on my AI planes instead of the default ones.Thanks!

Guest lgvpilot1

Take a look a world of ai http://www.world-of-ai.com/Once you have downloaded the Base installer you can add ai aircraft to your hearts content!And it seems like hardly a week goes by and there is antother new package to addMark

Guest H_Kev55

Also take a look at Ultimate GA. They give you everything from BBJ's to Cessna's. I really like seeing lots of Gulfstreams and Cessna jets too.If your interested in military ai, check out www.militaraiworks.comLots of nice packages from fighters to tanker to VIP transports.KJMAIWAvatar2smaller.jpg

Guest wji

To get most out of one's AI traffic, one should be able to take total control through TTools and understanding the three (3) basic files one is really working with:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183471.jpgOne can see, everything is contained in these three basic notepad.txt files. Not brain surgery.At Avsim today, Henry Tomkiewicz, Dee Waldron, Project AI, Darren Belanger, have many FREE AI packages for d/l -- each contains these three (3) basic files which gives one the opportunity to experiment with them in TTools and find out how it all works.Having said all this about all that I have every -- well, almost every -- AI Addon Package known to man: Ultimate Traffic, AIA, PAI but they all work using these three (3) basic files. It's reassuring to know one has total control over them all using Lee's FREE TTools.Enjoy and have fun . . . I am.P.S. See also: John Goodwins site][/b

Well as for the absolutely easiest way to add real AI aircraft-- it's probably to buy Ultimate Traffic or a similar program. I've had TTools for a number of years but have never used it. I've downloaded dozens of AI aircraft but I always install them through UT.

Guest 28right

OK, thanks for all the help!! : - )

Guest H_Kev55

I believe ProjectAI is now ProjectDefunct.I haven't been able to access them or FSGateway for a coule of weeks now.KJAvatarSaabAnimation.gif

Must have been a blip - I have the project AI webpage open in another pane in Firefox right now, and downloaded a dozen or so repaints this afternoon.I've used a lot of Project AI packages for the 'big boys', but have just taken the plunge with Traffic Tools (for the first time since FS2002!) and have just populated south-western China with Sichuan Airlines planes, derived from Project AI liveries (from the PAI website), my pre-existing PAI models and the flight plans from the download section here. It was surprisingly easy.;)

Guest 28right

Thanks for all the suggestions!I've downloaded the installer and about 3 or 4 AI packages from http://www.world-of-ai.com . Everything works well but I have a few small issues to try to figure out, such as too many planes trying to land at the same time, etc. I even had a certain, newly-added AI aircraft landing 4-5 miles from the airport (in SF bay, well short of 28L). This was the American Airlines AI package and the problem was occuring with an MD-88. This was interesting to watch....the plane would skim across the water for miles and then it would drive up onto the runway. I THINK I may have fixed this particular issue....the coordinates in the AA AI package for KSFO were a little different than the others, so I changed it. Haven't seen it happen again....not yet anyway.

Guest wji

Little know fact: FS9 AI planes will not operate as designated until the sim has run for a sufficient time duration; i.e., ten-minutes or so. Those planes landing in the Bay will (probably) land as programmed after ten-minutes running time.

Guest 28right

>Little know fact: FS9 AI planes will not operate as>designated until the sim has run for a sufficient time>duration; i.e., ten-minutes or so. Those planes landing in the>Bay will (probably) land as programmed after ten-minutes>running time.OK, thanks for the info. Just checked again and the first two planes landed in the bay several miles away from KSFO. Then, everything operated correctly. If there is no fix for this, I suppose I could live with it....although it's pretty annoying. Especially because those first-in aircraft/hovercraft stop on the runway and just sit there for sevral munutes while other AI aircraft go right through them.

Guest Rob Hirst

Sorry, I'm a bit late into this thread. There are few other things you should consider as you add your ai.1) download AI smooth from the library here. Along with the previous suggestion about waiting 10 minutes for the ai to settle down, this tool will help reduce go arounds at busy airports.2) as you add more traffic, you will need more parking slots at the airports for them to go to. Downloading additional afcads from the library here is the way to go. If you frequently fly to / from the same airport(s) do these first. Then each time you fly somewhere different get the afcad as part of your "preflight check". Also bare in mind that ai is active for approximately 100 miles around where the user plane is.. so if you fly from say New York JFK, you will need afcads for all the major airports around. That's La Guardia, Newark, JFK etc. If you don't do this then you WILL get stuttering as the sim loads, and reloads, ai aircraft that are trying to find parking spots that don't currently exist.3)It's addictive. You'll be constantly adding new stuff. Trust me I've spent more time in the last few months messing with ai (and scenery) than flying. It's best to start by adding the airlines that fly to / from the airport you most frequently visit first.4) adding ai to your system will put strain on it. If you are currently runing FS9 at high frames you should have no problem with running a decent level of ai traffic. If you have an older/slower system and struggle to run with sliders all the way to the left, forget it!There are loads of AI forums about on the web where you can find other useful stuffwww.the-fruit-stand.comwww.projectai.comwww.world-of-ai.comwww.ai-aardvark.com (this site forum is locked by a great source of models and textures.www.evolveai.com (again forum is currently closed but lots of info here. Rumours are it may be making a comebck soon, wink.winkI think I've covered everything that I've found useful over the years.Have funRob