Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarkAchon

Blurries on good hardware

Guest Sinclair07_fr

Hello allI know this problem has been treated many and many times over each and every board... I spent the last three days reading more than I had ever read...I recently changed my graphic card, from a low and limited 8800 GTS (320 mb) to a powerful 8800 GT.It really boosted every 3D application on my rig, but FS 9 seems to resist...Whatever the tweak I tried, ground textures are blurry a few squares around my aircraft and detailed tiles randomly darken as I fly over. Not that easy to describe, maybe this screen will do the job :http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183452.jpgWhat strikes me most is that my "old" 320mb-card could display detailed and sharp ground tiles to the horizon, which my new 512mb-card seems unable to do...I tried:- various tweaks of the fs9.cfg- various tweaks of the fs9 ingame settings- a few display drivers (currently I keep the tweakforce modded drivers which allows anti aliasing even in the menus and in windowed mode)- sleeping and lauching FS9 again=> each time, no effect, or more blurries...If somebody could helps... Thanks a lot.Here's my detailed hardware :- Intel E6600 not overclocked- 2x1 GB RAM- Seagate SATA 250 Go- Point of View 8800 GT- Motherboard : Gigabyte P35-DS3R

There is a point (clearly visible in your shot), where FS9 stops displaying sharp textures. It's a so called cross in FS9 (you can see it if you look in Top-Down view). I also have it, and most of us are fighting it with the limited visibility - very much alike to real world.And those squares, they are usually a produce of dawn or dusk. They should not appear at noon or about. Maybe set dawn/dusk texture blending in FS9 options to on.

Guest Sinclair07_fr

Thanks for your help.You're right, the cross is a well-known problem which most of us have to deal with. I just can't remember it was so visible with my older graphic card...What about the darkening tiles, I think the problem is not a dawn / dusk problem. Of course, these hours make the darkening more visible, but it does occur each time of the day. More, some tiles darken, then clear, then darken again... Which makes me think it could be a driver or a card related problem as this did not happen before the change...A video that could show off the problem :http://prophetupload.free.fr/videos/blurries.avithanks

Essentially the trick in that link you posted is forcing the simulator visibility down to 20-30 miles from it's normal minimum of 60 miles.While it may be good for low and slow VFR flyers, from airliner cruising altitudes the ensuing "gray brick wall" looks IMHO horribly unrealistic. So it's not the universal solution either.

OK, I checked and I don't have these squares you seem to have. I have a lesser card than you and it looks great from 1000' to FL400. Please look at the tweaks in the attached file. The settings on the left are the default settings, and the right are mine. See if any of that works for you.Keep in mind that I have been suffering from stutters but they are present no matter what I do so I doubt if the tweaks caused them.dolph

I have the same fight as you so i'm glad I didn't already buy another card because I was thinking it was my 8800GTS/320 and needed more Vram at 1920x1200...My system specs are nearly the same, E6750, Gigabyte P35, 2 Gb 800Mhz RAM, 8800GTS/320.I will read the articles again but tweaked almost for a 100 hour now without any result, blurries, blurries and nothing but blurries.Tried XP, Vista32 and Vista64, bought 2x Raptor 150Gb, disable my RAID0 and put the OS on 1 Raptor and FS9/FSX on the second etc.I can't remember I had these issues with my old configuration with a 7600GT and 19" monitor on 1280x1024. It seems to me that the newer hardware is less beter for fs9 then the old single core rigs...Happy landings...

>My system specs are nearly the same, E6750, Gigabyte P35, 2 Gb>800Mhz RAM, 8800GTS/320.>It seems to me that the newer hardware is less beter for fs9 then the >old single core rigsI think you are onto something. My old machine sitting next to me is a P4 3.2GHz with 1G RAM and my new quad core with 3G RAM stutters as much or worse than it does. What if it's the video drivers or the newer NVidia cards? There are no older 8600 or 8800 drivers, I think I have the oldest drivers at 163.75. The latest 169.21 don't seem to allow outside AA control via nHancer.How does ATI cards do on similar systems I wonder. Do they stutter? I would be glad to switch if they are smoother. Let me add one more thing. I did an experiment over the weekend with overclocking. I installed RivaTuner and diddled with the overclocking portion (I already use nHancer for all other tweaks). I set up four scenarios at different US busy airports and tried various combinations of memory and GPU clock tweaks. The frame rate slider was set to "Unlimited". I did not gain anything with overclocking. This tells me that the video card may not be the problem, on my system at least. I may be wrong, but I would have thought I could gain 3-5 FPS at max overclock but I didn't.

>>My system specs are nearly the same, E6750, Gigabyte P35, 2>Gb>>800Mhz RAM, 8800GTS/320.>>It seems to me that the newer hardware is less beter for fs9>then the >old single core rigs>>I think you are onto something. My old machine sitting next to>me is a P4 3.2GHz with 1G RAM and my new quad core with 3G RAM>stutters as much or worse than it does. What if it's the video>drivers or the newer NVidia cards? There are no older 8600 or>8800 drivers, I think I have the oldest drivers at 163.75. The>latest 169.21 don't seem to allow outside AA control via>nHancer.>>How does ATI cards do on similar systems I wonder. Do they>stutter? I would be glad to switch if they are smoother. I'm having great and smooth flight at high frames using PMDG 737 and 747s. Here is what works for me:1. Optimize your TextureMaxLoad= and related settings. I'm working on this now, and I'm not sure it needs changed but what the hey.2. Set up your mem management settings to these two registry settings:LargeSystemCache = 1DisablePagingExecutive = 13. Boot to a "lean" boot using services.msc's Hardware Profile enable/disable control. This will eliminate all non-critical services from boot up.4. Fly!I have ultra smooth flights in very taxing situations with heavy scenery etc. I'm going to try playing with the TextureMaxLoad= and related settings to see if there is any purpose, but as I say, it works so well now it would be hard to improve on, except perhaps better clarity in the distance.QX9650 @ 4.0GHz/1.285 vCore / 8GB PC-800 Mushkin (cheap!) / evga 8800GT @ 660Mhz / 2xSATA 2 drives /

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well. I have my E6750 (standard at 2.66Mhz) running at 3.2 Mhz.In FSX there is a gain but in FS9 no difference. I also tried a bit overclocking with the 8800 but no positive results.I also use Nhancer, have done all the tricks, seperated drives, Disktrix defrag, 4Gb instead of 2Gb etc. Clean XP/Vista32/Vista64.I don't have stutter but a lot of blurries.I will try the TextureMaxLoad tweak now.About your ATI question, I have a brand new ATI HD2600XT for my HTPC and tried this in my MSFS machine with the same results so it is NOT the Vcard or Nvidia driver. BUT my 8800 has 320Mb and the ATI only 256 and I'm running under 1920x1200. Turning down to 1600x1200 or less was NOT giving a positive result in relation to blurries.Happy landings...By the way, FSX is running fine, It's only the case with FS9