Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyking

flight 1 727 ?

Guest skyking

For sum reason I cannot get the autopilot to work,is there a bug here? The first captiansim 727 works fine but I cannot get flight1autopilot to work.

Guest JTEK99

1.) Do you have the Yaw Damper turned on?2.) Do you have the AP dial/switches selected appropriately? HDG for, umm.. heading, etc. Note that you will need to turn the AP dial to "AUX NAV" if you want the AP to follow the FS GPS.Hope this helps. Magnificent product.

Guest skyking

Thanks alot guys, I have it working now. It was the yaw damper turned off.

Skyking,The Dreamfleet/Flight 1 Boeing 727 is one of the jewels of FS9. Try flying it with the flight director. The flight director is intended to allow you to manually fly the aircraft. That is, hands on yoke, AP is not engauged, you follow the commands with manual inputs.Try it, its a great experience. You can use the flight director from wheels up to wheels down. You will find the information about the Collins Flight Director on page 13-7.Tom

I love flying the old big iron... but it is just too much of a handful with not only flying her, but doing the job of a co-pilot and fe all at once.

I agree with Al. I really love to fly the 727 but it has to be when I have alot of time to sit and start it from cold and dark to flying and then landing. It is very satisfying when I can devote the time. Sometimes it is a bit much and I cant get the time to sit and fly when I am handling so many of the tasks needed for the older aircraft. Same with the RFP 747.

Guest ha5mvo

it's a matter of practice. Do it a couple of times and you'll be able to get it running in a couple of minutes - no nuclear science there.On the other hand it will grant you with the satisfaction of actually flying the thing...with all those VNAV LNAV and other automation features (that are great in real life) that do most of the job for you - I can't escape the feeling that FS is turned into a TS - Taxi Simulator.For all the rest is done by the computer within the computer....

Guest skyking

I enjoy the 727 and also have the first 727 by captiansim,enjoy the two, I will also be getting the F-104 next week, anyone have that one yet??

Yes, practice and you can do the job of 3 people. But what we mean is, doing it all at once is nerve wracking and makes it difficult to actually enjoy flying the airplane.

Yes, but sometimes you just need to clean out your head, redefine your approach, catch a breath, and use the pause key. Attempting to land any payware jet is difficult, there is no shame in hitting the pause key to get reorganized.Tom

Guest skyking

I see Flight1 727 has no ADF low band radio in it.The old captinsimdoes,in the first 727 does have low band adf radio in it.

You are correct it has 2 ADF Receivers.Chapter 13-1 NAV, Com, Flight Director & Autopilot2 VOR ReceiversDME2 ADF Receivers2 Comm Radios1 Transponder3 Markers BeaconsMIC SelectorsThe 2 ADF Receivers are found in the overhead panel.Section 13.3.2 explains how they are used in the aircraft.Tom