Sign in to follow this  
Guest djm_69

Ai aircraft showing in aircraft list

Guest djm_69

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to stop my ai aircraft displaying in the list of available aircraft list when creating a new flight?Thanks in advance for any help.:-)

Guest H_Kev55

I use a little program entitled "FS Aircraft Typer".It will change the entry in the cfg file so that non-flyable aircraft don't show up in the menu.MAIWAvatar2smaller.jpg

Using a small program called AirEd you can open any .air file and change the line which reads: "*Aircraft Type=2" into "Aircraft Type=0".It takes a bit of practice but right click on that line and then select "Edit as Hex". Move your mouse ONLY over the "02" part (no further) and only the "02" will turn blue. Change it to "00" (zero zero). Save and exit.At the moment that you save the original "2" will remain visible but this is OK. If you re-open the same .air file it will now be "0" and your IA wil no longer be displayed in your aircraft list.Good luckHans

Perhaps the easiest way to do it is to use the following utility available here at Avsim.bbqhideai1006.zipIt will change all with one or two clicks.

Guest djm_69

Thanks very much to all who replied to my query. I went with what seemed the easiest option which was that posted by David. I downloaded the prog that he named and after a bit of fiddling it worked great. No more ai aircraft in my flyable aircraft list. Once again thanks very much for the assist.:-wave