Sign in to follow this  
Opa

FS Shipyards Site Problem ?

I don't know. If you read the statement it sort of sounds like the kind of urinating contest that occurs from time to time. recall the Project AI situation a couple years ago. Of course it's really unfortunate if it would cause someone great harm and get ill over.scott s..

Guest FSShipyardsORG

Hello, We are here in support of Ian Thatcher's years of hard work as the owner of fs-shipyards.org and as a real life aviator. Like others, I received an email from Tracey today confirming that Ian in fact suffered a heart attack, most likely due to the stress associated with what has happened to his website. I am sure everyone wishes him a full recovery and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his wife. I am here now to help fight for Ian's fs-shipyards.org website and his access to it fully restored. Myself along with other professionals have begun drafting the complaint to the appropriate authority for the "hijacking", "piracy" or whatever title you want to give it. As many have already stated that fs-shipyards.org has been a long time place to upload projects and to download works developed by many. We would like the help of those developers! Please send us an email of the projects that you uploaded to the fs-shipyards.org site as we will be compiling this information to send to the correct authorities. Your help is truly appreciated. Please send to your information to fsshipyardsorg@gmail.com.

Guest David_Sheridan

I read the statement that has been placed at your website and I find this:It is with deep regret that following emails to flightsim community members, and posts to various forums, by Ian Thatcher, and others, (some possibly his alter-egos), I now find myself having to defend my actions as administrator of FS-Shipyards and publish, what should have been an entirely personal matter. I'm not an alter ego but yes I do know Ian very well as Ian is married to my sister Tracey and that would make him my brother in law and not an alter ego.Also from your own website: He also caused all web access to FS-Shipyards domains to display a notice that FS-Shipyards was closed permanently, by redirecting the DNS for the default domain, (which he still owned), to a holding-page on a different server on another ISP. As the owner of the default domain which you yourself have verified does this not give Ian the right to do as he wishes with that default Domain.Doing a Domain search the IPS for all the fs-shipyards websites are all exactly the same. NS1.SERVAGE.NET NS2.SERVAGE.NET NS3.SERVAGE.NET NS4.SERVAGE.NETAs of yesterday the IPS for the Default site fs-shipyards.org was changed but not away from the hosting Company Servage.net. The change is only because the Domain Name is being moved to Company (Cheap Domains Australia) and is being dirrected to Ian's other fs-shipyards.net website. NS1.SERVAGE.NET NS2.SERVAGE.NET NS3.SERVAGE.NET NS4.SERVAGE.NETAgain from your own website:Historical - Ian Thatcher created the original FS-Shipyards website. Over the years Ian has hosted FS-Shipyards on various ISPs and domains, Namely - - fs-shipyards.com - fs-shipyards.org - fs-shipyards.net With each of these iterations, those other domains have been configured to redirect visitors to the FS-Shipyards website hosted on the default domain. You have made it very clear on your website that the default domain is http://fs-shipyards.org (owned by Ian Thatcher)Again from the above:It is with deep regret that following emails to flightsim community members, and posts to various forums, by Ian Thatcher, and others, (some possibly his alter-egos), I now find myself having to defend my actions as administrator of FS-Shipyards and publish, what should have been an entirely personal matter. I ask everyone to search every single Flightsim website and Forum and find these posts to various forums. What will you find ... not a single Post anywhere made by Ian excpet for the post above. I am at Ian & Tracey's home right now and I have searched everywhere and the only thing I can find is it is you Paul Donnelly that has made all this Public and never Ian at all.You have posted statements at almost every website you can including statements regarding your ownership of fs-shipyards.com and it's contents so it does appear you have always kept very detailed records of everything as far back as 2005.So I request you post the Statement, Authorisation including the code that is sent for all domain Ownership transfers, the email or statement you say Ian gave you so you could take the steps to do the change of ownership. Somehow I doubt you are able to supply these statements so I really do hope the flightsim community ignore you and those that uploaded files to the default domain http://fs-shipyards.org request they be removed from your website.Update: Further information will be posted later. In brief - Ian retires, Ian instructs ISP to delete FS-Shipyards, Ian closes FS-Shipyards, Ian transfers FS-Shipyards to us and our servers, we reopen FS-Shipyards, Ian transfers 1 of 2 domains, Ian rejoins, FS-Shipyards, Out of courtesy, I elevate Ian to Admin Ian grossly breaches his admin's position of trust. Paul Donnelly (BASys) Administrator FS-Shipyards Owner fs-shipyards.com How kind of you to Elevate the OWNER of the Domain to be an Admin.. I would have thought it should have been the other way around ? Oh yes I remember, you moved the Databases/files from fs-shipyards.org to fs-shipyards.com when Ian questioned you about a forum post. Maybe it's you Paul that has the ego problem as when questioned you spent the nest few days working flat out moving everything so you could control anything and everything in regards to the default domain.At least Ian is at home in bed resting and to be honest that is all that really does count.David Sheridan