Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Getting frustrated with pauses

There are two things in the FSUIPC.ini that can affect performance.Trafficscanperframe=10 (something like that if not exact)10 is default and it means FSUIPC will scan 10% of all traffic per one FS frame for TCAS. If you use a lot of custom AI and AI flight plans like I do, that's a big task for FS. If it can't finish 10% within a FS frame, it bursts through that frame. That means stutter. weaterreadinterval=4 (something like that if not exact)This means, as I understand, that FSUIPC finishes a weather read within 16 frames (like when ASv6 updates weather?). If unable it will burst through the frames too. Change that to 8 and you're now allowing FSUIPC to finish the same task within 64 frames.This is the unregistered version. The registered ini file is much longer and there can be more factors in there.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I find it hard to believe that FSUIPC is causing the stutters due to whatever joystick you have. I am more inclined to believe the poster regarding the frame settings. Perhaps even some other settings that have to do with weather or something that causes the computer to be "polled" by FSUIPC. The joystick just sits there. I don't think there is any "polling" going on with respect to FSUIPC and the joystick. Just my gut instincts. Great thread. Stars me thinking about flushing FSUIPC, which I haven't done in ages. Thanks for that thought...Ruby

Guest JTEK99

>Trafficscanperframe=10 (something like that if not exact)>>10 is default and it means FSUIPC will scan 10% of all traffic>per one FS frame for TCAS. If you use a lot of custom AI and>AI flight plans like I do, that's a big task for FS. If it>can't finish 10% within a FS frame, it bursts through that>frame. That means stutter. Jason:Given that I have a massive series of AI traffic packages installed, let me ask you this: what do you set the above parameter to?

If FS9 on a separate partition to your operating system? This is how I set up my new computer and it stuttered like crazy. I had to reformat the hard drive and everything is on the C drive with no stutters at all. This is a little messy from a defrag standpoint but seems to be much better in performance.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

>Given that I have a massive series of AI traffic packages>installed, let me ask you this: what do you set the>above parameter to?I've been using 2 since yesterday. TCAS on various aircraft work normally. I'm yet to prove it has any possitive effect on performance.Jason

Jason

Guest JTEK99

>I've been using 2 since yesterday. TCAS on various aircraft>work normally. I'm yet to prove it has any possitive effect>on performance.Jason:Same here. I set it to two, no ill effects, but no noticeable positive effects either. I also set weatherreadinterval to 8 and it doesn't seem to have changed anything either.

Do you have the stuttering/pausing issue described here in this thread?Jason

Jason

Guest mahingan

>>>If FS9 on a separate partition to your operating system? This>is how I set up my new computer and it stuttered like crazy. >I had to reformat the hard drive and everything is on the C>drive with no stutters at all. This is a little messy from a>defrag standpoint but seems to be much better in performance.>>>Mark.Hi Mark, and everyone else that answered.I have tried every suggestion that has been posted, and even blew 400 bucks on a better video card, with no results. I disabled my internet security, even turned off H D indexing, but the pause every second is still there. I even posted a request for help on Peter Dowson's forum, but when I checked next day for possible answers, my post was gone. It was there the night before.I've resigned myself to the fact that for now, holding down F2 will have to be reverse thrust, and I have deleted FSUIPC until someone can cure this #### hiccup, as it makes the FS9 useless. For me, it was a waste of 35 Euro to obtain a registered FSUIPC.Mahingan

Guest mahingan

>>>If FS9 on a separate partition to your operating system? This>is how I set up my new computer and it stuttered like crazy. >I had to reformat the hard drive and everything is on the C>drive with no stutters at all. This is a little messy from a>defrag standpoint but seems to be much better in performance.>>>Mark.Hi Mark, and everyone else that answered.I have tried every suggestion that has been posted, and even blew 400 bucks on a better video card, with no results. I disabled my internet security, even turned off H D indexing, but the pause every second is still there. I even posted a request for help on Peter Dowson's forum, but when I checked next day for possible answers, my post was gone. It was there the night before.I've resigned myself to the fact that for now, holding down F2 will have to be reverse thrust, and I have deleted FSUIPC until someone can cure this #### hiccup, as it makes the FS9 useless. For me, it was a waste of 35 Euro to obtain a registered FSUIPC.Incidently, I also use the PMDG 737-800, and the Level D B767, but I'd rather have it smooth, rether then go through that massively annoying pause every second.Mahingan