Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

FS9 CTD near San Francisco Bay

>Hi Andy- at the time 9.1 was released, I looked at the specs>to see what it offered and concluded it wasn't worth the risk>of upsetting a sim that was so completely reliable with triple>monitors/views.>"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! Maybe 9.0 is the secret!>Can't recall when I've had a CTD. Thanks for the thought- I>guess when you reach 75 you get a bit cautious!>Alex Reid>Ha- just remembered some CTDs when I fooled around to see if>triple views would work with Full Screen. They DON'T !!!!Hello AlexIf your happy thats fine.I am often quite wary of graphics card and other driver downloads on the same 'if it ain't broke'principal.Just a thought though it might be interesting if you took a flight from Heathrow or Gatwick or anywhere you want to Frankfurt and see if you get the CTD (I seem to remember that it was Winter time when i got it but not sure)and that would confirm it.cheers to youAndy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

HiTry to deactivate AI traffic, because in my case I solve the problem on that way until I find which aircraft is problematic.Edin

Andy- I flew EGLL-EDDF this morning in the DF Baron 58. Fair weather @ 9000'. No trace of any missing scenery/black hole. Very wintry looking over Germany. Think I'll stick with FS9.0The Reality/Sandel HSI moving map makes navigation pretty easy!Alex Reid

>Andy- I flew EGLL-EDDF this morning in the DF Baron 58. Fair>weather @ 9000'. No trace of any missing scenery/black hole.>Very wintry looking over Germany. Think I'll stick with FS9.0>The Reality/Sandel HSI moving map makes navigation pretty>easy!>Alex ReidGood for you Alex.I am glad its okay.If your not getting the CTD and your happy with your setup thats all that counts.cheers Andy:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi ThereI've had the same problem, anywhere within a 60 mile radius of KSFO I got a CTD and the usual message. I tracked the cause down to the KOAK addon scenery by MIG. Within the scenery file lurked two AFCADS, a reinstall with the proper AFCAD solved the problem. I suspect it was my fault, I tend to download the latest AFCADs without paying too much attention to detail. By the way SCAN AFCAD did not detect this duplication.RegardsSteve HLincoln