Sign in to follow this  
Guest scupper2

Boeing 747's FS9 & FSX

Guest scupper2

Greetings, Does anyone make an addon 747 for FSX & FS9??I have both FS9 & FSX installed and use them both.I'm new to jets, (been flying FS pistons for yrs) and hoping to purchase an addon 747 that has both models avail in ONE purchase.I like realism/detail/precision and don't mind doing a lot of studying to become proficient.Your thoughts suggestions much appreciated.Thanks,ScupperDell XPS Gen4 3.6GHz2GB RamWin XP Pro w/SP2Radeon X850 XT Platinum

PMDG make superb B744s for FS9 and FSX, but they're sold as two separate products. I have the FS9 version and have no hesitation in recommending it to you.I belive there are a couple of pretty good freeware ones available ( I think IFly) but I don't own these so can't comment. Prehaps someone else can?Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest c210_cvs

The iFly 747 is not bad at all. The Ready for Pushback 747-200 is also free to download now. This one you need to read manuals before you will get her off the ground :(http://www.panelshop.com/OPS_RFP/RFP_Files.htmThe PMDG744 is very well modelled but it's very expensive especially if you decide to buy for both FSX and FS9. Frankly IMO there is not hardware available today that can run that aircraft in FSX at an acceptable rate, mine runs like crap anyway on a E6600 with an 8800GTX.

It may be expensive, but just the FS9 version is worth the purchase. PMDG is the best out there in terms of all aspects of an add-on. You get what you pay for, this hobby is a small market, and years of development means you aren't getting much out of your sales in terms of profit. But anyway, the Queen is the best aircraft out there, systems, model, features, realism. It just doesn't get any better. I believe it is worth the higher cost

Scupper:PMDG is the benchmark 747-400 by which all other payware titles of the same make are judged. The cost is not cheap, and they charge seperately for FS9 and FSX. However, it is the defining simulation of a B747-400 in all its complex glory.iFLY makes a highly complex freeware 747-400 for both FSX and FS9. I've seen posts of a bug here and there and I have not used it personally since I own the PMDG version. However, I would give this a try FIRST since the price is right. It apprently compares favorably with the PMDG offering and is the most accomplished and complex freeware commercial airliner available at this time.HTH,Mike T.

Guest scupper2

OK, I really appreciate the time you folks have taken and info you've provided.Everyone is saying the same thing,PMDG is really the elite 747, expensive but justifiably so. I think my decision is made.I'm going to check their website, hope they have it avail for download.Agn, thanks for taking the time to post info.scupper