Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Long Haul Flying

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi all, In the past I have always been a big fan of short haul flights from the UK mainly across Europe. I am now thinking of doing some long haul flights (from the UK from LHR (Heathrow) and LGW (Gatwick). I was looking for recommendations for aircraft and destinations. At the moment I have thought that the 777 would be a good aircraft to base on. Does anyone have any good recommendations for the 777 as freeware aircraft. I use the IFDG airbus allot for short haul flights and have the cockpit and sound modified to make the aircraft as real as possible.I am also stuck with destinations at the moment as there are so many to choose from! I thought of North America and Asia so maybe will start with the Middle East like Dubai. If anyone has any particular recommenations (with or without scenery) would be interested to hear. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Flying with a Virtual airline helps, you will normaly be provided with the company routes and real world world flight plans if your aircraft has a FMC. Anyway a few British airways 777 routes to get you started.Middle EastEGLL - OBBI 6.30 HOURS (THEY HAVE STARTED USING THE 747 ON THIS ROUTE)OBBI- OTBD 45 MINSOTBD - OBBI 45 MINS OBBI - EGLL 7 HOURSEGLL - OMAA 6.45 HOURS EGLL - OKBK 6 HOURSUSAEGLL - KJFK 7.50 HOURSEGLL - KDEN 9.45 HOURSEGKK - KATL 9.35 HOURSRob

Rob Prest

Guest simonmd

The only really good free T7 worth mentioning is the MELJET model. Stunning to look at and WAY better outside than the payware offering from PSS.As for routes, if you like commercial aviation and want to fly 'properly' I'd also highly reccomend joining a VA. There are loads arround but the one i'm a member of, the Flying Tigers Group, will give you a warm welcome.With the FTG, you are not stuck with one airline, there are dozens to choose from including many 'codeshare' airlines as well. You are not required to fly online and only one flight per three months is required to keep up your membership. We also have a VERY active forums to help with any questions/problems and enjoy a lot of fun including non FS chat and screenshot posting too.http://www.flyingtigersgroup.org/index.asp

Simon, second request and no more follow this one. Please reduce your signature image to no more than 400 x 60 pixels.

Guest 247

Ive just flown from Heathrow to Kennedy. Great flight had to decent to pass a American t7 mid way over the Atlantic which made the fuel a issue closing in on Kennedy. Heathrow to tokyo on the T7 is a lovely flight did that yeasterday. I always do my flights and in real time and i try not to leave the Pc. Im just leaving to fly from EGLL to Dubai now on the MELJET BA t7.

Guest simonmd

>Simon, second request and no more follow this one. Please>reduce your signature image to no more than 400 x 60 pixels.Sorry, was unaware of this rule. Sig gone.

Hi Nick,some destinations I can recommend in terms of there being good freeware scenery available:KBOS (Boston)VHHX (Hong Kong Kai Tak)VHHH (Hong Kong Chep Lap Kok)Cheers,Martin

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Folks Thanks for all your posts and all your advice. I have looked at VA's before but it seems that it may be beneficial at least for long haul flying. It seems that the MELJET T7 is popular so am going to give that ago. At the moment my aircraft are made up of different but the most realistic components (sound/panel and texture's. Is this the case with the MELJET T7 or does it come with the most realistic panel and sound files? If so can anyone recommend any good ones?Does it also have an FMC with it?Also can annyone recommend a good set of cabin announcements as all I have or all I seem to find is American ones but I wondered if there were any UK ones?Thanks again

Guest 247

Bump. I also would like some English cabin announcements (shame i cant spell it)

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for that Mark. Have got that panel i think so will have a look at the BA announcements there. Thanks alot!Hopefully will be flying some long haul routes soon! Im sure that I will keep my progress updated and hopefully will have some screenshots to post!