Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

"Make sure you load the default flight..."... why?

Another thread has me scratching my head...1. My default situation, the Cessna at Seattle, is unchanged, but it is not my 'default flight' - 'previous flight' is.2. I fly all manner of complex pay and freeware aircraft by simply ensuring that I start and end every session with a a default a/c, usually the cessna. It's always spinning in 'create a flight' when I first load up, and always reselected where I eventually park, even if it was the 744 at EDDF 10 hours after I took off. Next time I start, it's in the cessna at EDDF, gate whatever.I have NEVER experienced anomalous issues this way, whether it be PMDG, PSS, LDS, Aeroworx, whatever.So what is this again about 'default flight'???I know it's been hashed many a time, but still vendors and users insist this is necessary.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

FS saves a variety of 'states' information. this information is not perfect, complete, and in many causes full of errors. the FS default aircraft are 'simple' in design and therefore loading one of these resets the 'states' and avoids things like the electrical bus showing active but not really (and resulting in dead batts).you don't need to load at KSEA. you just need to load a default FS aircraft. my pattern is to load my flight at the airport and gate, wait about a minute for things to 'settle' in FS, and then switch to my payware/freeware addon.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I found that if you don't load the default flight, you *probably* will be ok. However, sometimes I find myself having weird issues that don't seem to happen when I load the default flight. I always start with the Cessna in 2d panel, then go from there. It only takes an extra minute and does seem to help.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi,It has been a very known issue since FS5 or so, to ALWAYS load the defaultflight before anything else. I have done just that for soon 20 years, and I have never had any strange behaviour in the simulator.That is why I will continue to always load the defaultflight for as long as I will be "simming". :-hah

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

I suppose my point is that in my experience it's the default aircraft that should be loaded first, not so much the Seattle situation.It would be a bit of an annoyance if I had to always start in Seattle with engines on. Glad I've never found it necessary :-hah but I guess everybody's setup has it's quirks. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I've never been able to see any difference whatsoever in any plane, regardless of loading procedure- direct or via default aircraft at Seattle. Even PMDG 747 loads correctly right off the bat with FMC fully setup ready for takeoff. I have a "747 proficiency maintenance" flight set up: a circuit in 1/2 mile visib.- TO, 1/2 dozen WPs and Land Cat3. Takes only 20 minutes & helps keep the adrenalin flowing! Boots up directly every time. Alex Reid

All you need to do is load the default flight once, then switch to your complex aircraft. Save the situation with your complex aircraft and thats it. You shouldn't have to do that every time you load fs unless your switching from one complex aircraft to another.Rob

Rob Prest

>All you need to do is load the default flight once, then>switch to your complex aircraft. Save the situation with your>complex aircraft and thats it. You shouldn't have to do that>every time you load fs unless your switching from one complex>aircraft to another.>>RobCorrect, Guess I wasn

Staffan

Guest cloudflyer

My sim loads with the Dreamfleet Archer at Portland. Never had any problems changing to any other aircraft after.

Most of the time it probably doesn't make much difference. However, if you need to report a problem to the developers, the first thing they're going to ask you is whether you started from the default flight. If you didn't, the only response you'll get is to do so and get back to them.DJ

The simple answer to the OP's question "why?" is that add-on developers can't or won't set Flight Simulator to a default state themselves. As a result they rely on Microsoft to do it for them by loading the default flight first. Such reliance is inherently risky.

Guest H_Kev55

Gentlemen,Is this situation only true with complex add-on aircraft or could it also cause problems with plane spotting when starting out using Traffic View Board or Mobile Control Tower?TIA,KJMAIWAvatar2smaller.jpg