Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattu

Can't delete add on files in FS9

Guest mattu

Greetings all,I have uninstalled FS9, I am starting over with a clean slate.Trouble is I am having trouble getting that slate clean.I search for "fs9" in Windows Vista search field and I have 247 items remaining of addon files.(gauge,PDF,etc.)I can't delete them whatever I do.I have tried rebooting, various freeware programs, renaming the files, and tried safe mode but can't find the files in safe mode.I have deleted my temp files also.The message I get is "the file or folder no longer exsists or has been moved or deleted.Spent many hours messing with it, just want to get back to flying.Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!ThanksMatt

Sounds to me like it might be a registry issue.Get yourself a copy of CCleaner (Google it)and run it.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest mattu

Thanks Joe, already tried the cleaner you mentioned,seems those files are hung out in space.My PC sees them but they are not where it says they are.I tried safe mode but when I searched for them they did not show up like they did when not in safe mode.I am stumped for now.Don't want those files to come back and haunt me when I reinstall everything.Matt