Sign in to follow this  
Guest phil

ATI 9700 All in wonder Pro ..jury is still out

UPDATE: I am now getting 22-30 FPS.. I changed to the default Cessna 182.. Before I was using Flight1's Meridian.. framerates do take a hit with the Meridian. Going to play around some more with settings. I should have offered this before. all the more reason for a set standard for frame rate comparison. Jon

Guest SlimDady

Someone had started a thread on this a while back.. I believe it was every slider full and everything checked 1024x768x32Then they went to meigs in teh defauklt cessna and hit "s" three times to be in ext=ernal view, and then took screenshots of that position that was the standard thr were using

Guest Bigshot

Not sure about lowering your res anymore. I use 16x12x32 @ 4xAA; but have used 1280x1024x32 @6xAA with a bit better results frame wise; but the textures weren't as sharp. I'd suggest you use Performance Anisio with FS; cause the terrain engine is old and doesn't know any difference. IMHO, 16xAF Performance looks better than 8xAF quality and runs better. But it depends on where your bottleneck is. I suspect it's the processor. I run a PIV 2.53 with 512 of PC1066 and the frames sit at 22 where it's locked most of the time. Eighteen on takeoff rolls with clouds and complex panel.

Guest phil

Hmmm, not only that but using the Meridian as well and then suggesting the video card may not be up to scracth. :-hmmmphil

Yes I believe my CPU is the bottleneck now. I have change the AA setting to 8x and got even more improvement. With the Meridian I am now getting 18-24 on a spot shot a meigs with high settings.. I am happy with the results of todays test and modifications.. 27-34 fps with the Cessna 172.. What I am going to to is lower the aircraft res and try some more tweaking ...I never said the card was not up to scratch...The jury has reached a verdict... Very pleased with the 9700 All in wonder PRO. Jon

Guest Bigshot

Don't lower the aircraft res cause that lowers all the terrain res too. Try 16x Performance AF. HQ Textures and Quality Mipmaps at 4xAA. Hey, I heard that AIW has a Television built into it. Is that right??

yes the AIW does have a tv tuner on the card as well as many other things i'll never use. I dont have my satelite dish cabling near by so I will be using rabbit ears on it for now.Jon

Guest phil

You're correct Jon, you never said the card wasn't up to scratch, but that was what I inferred from the "jury is still out" part of the title. I'm just jealous because I've only got a lowly 9500 Pro. :~P ;-)Glad you've got better performance with it. If you do manage to update your processor within the next few months, the 9700 Pro should continue to delight. ;-)Have fun,phil