Sign in to follow this  
postpone

AI tail wagging

hi folks :DAnyone know if its possible to tweak AI traffic to ease 'tail wagging' some of mine look like their ready to pounce on an unsuspecting prey :-roll ... :-lol UT Traffic / Fs9thanks for any assistance :DSteve / UK

>hi folks :D>>Anyone know if its possible to tweak AI traffic to ease 'tail>wagging' some of mine look like their ready to pounce on an>unsuspecting pray :-roll ... :-lol >>UT Traffic / Fs9>>thanks for any assistance :D>>Steve / UKHello SteveI would imagine not as AI shaking there booties(down with the kids terminology i think)seems to have always occurred in FSssss and if a solution had been found it probably would have been made available by now.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest H_Kev55

When are the tails wagging?In the air or on taxi?KJMAIWAvatar2smaller.jpg

You can tweak the afcad by adding more nodes on the taxiway to smooth out the more problematic turns. I think you can also adjust the aircraft.cfg as well, but I'm not sure which param - me I'd play with anything 'yaw' related but perhaps an expert can point you right.Just more back end work getting AI the way one likes I guess.btw as a former and future cat own.., pardon, servant x:)~ I had a chuckle at your analogy, very appropriateregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi KJ, Mark :DKJ, 'wagging' is on taxi, the tighter the turn the more 'wag' I get..! Thanks for the info Mark, I'll look into the 'node' suggestion.cheers guys :DSteve / UK

Guest H_Kev55

>Hi KJ, Mark :D>>KJ, 'wagging' is on taxi, the tighter the turn the more 'wag'>I get..! >>Thanks for the info Mark, I'll look into the 'node'>suggestion.>>cheers guys :D>>Steve / UK Mark's input would be the best then. It is because AFCAD won't allow a nice radial type line, like you would see in a photoshop program, which would certainly cut down the 'tail wagging' you're experiencing.I have added extra nodes to turns in order to smooth them out and it works fairly well. The bigger the turn the better of course. But with the limitation that AFCAD has in that area, sharp turns are always going to be tricky.KJAvatarSaabAnimation.gif