Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidbernard

Move an airport

Guest davidbernard

Hi all,I was working on a rather complex airport in AFCAD, and realized too late that the location is wrong. Now I want to move the airport, but I can't find an easy way to do that in AFCAD or some other software. Anyone?Regards,David Bernard

How far do you need to move it ? If only a few hundred feet, "select all" (from the edit menu) and holding down the shift key, left click anywhere that is highlighted and while holding down the mouse key, drag it all to the new spot.You probably would have to move the reference point individually as I do not think it gets selected.If you need more than this minor movement, my experience is that you have to start over from scratch.Perhaps someone else has a better method.

Guest davidbernard

I tried to move it the way you described, but the distance was too big. As you predicted: that didn't work very well, so I deceided to rebuild the airport. Thanks anyway!David