Sign in to follow this  
LP_Man

d3d9,dll

Ive been having this problem since Saturday. Everytime i try to start FS9, i get the error message and the following words on the details section;AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: d3d9.dllModVer: 5.3.2600.2180 Offset: 0003a46bI've searched the forum, Googled it, read even more and the only thing i get out of my problem is downloading and reinstalling DirectX 9. So, i did. It don't work still. I still get the message (error)I don't have anything snazzy on FS9 other than EZ Scenery. Bunch of freeware aircraft an scenery.I'm at my wits end. If i can't get this to work, i guess it's bye-bye simming.

HiThe file "d3d9.dll" is stored in two folders on my PC.One in :C:Windowssystem32 and the other in :CWindowsServicePackFilesi386.Look if you are missing them or maybe they are corrupted.Look also at this website for a free download of the dll-file and more information : http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d9Hope this will help you.GoodluckWilly

Seems to have been caused by my EZ-Scenery for some reason. I have FS9 installed on an external drive and EZ was on the internal drive and there was a conflict even with the external drive being on at the time. Weird.

Guest Nick Bartolotta

I've been experiencing a problem that Microsoft is pointing to "d3d9.dll" as the problem. However, I've only had it occur when flying the PSS 757 and while enroute. I looked as you suggested, and do have it in CWindowssystem32However, I don't seem to be able to find a CWindowsServicePackFiles folder even, and I did a system search of the Windows folder and only found one copy. Should I make the folder and put the file in it?