Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

FS9 & Windows XP Pro SP3

Hi,Anyone using Windows XP Pro with Service Patch 3?. If so, do you see any benefits/improvements with FS9?.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You mean XP Service Pack 3? Is that out of beta already? Just got a new computer with XP Pro (No vista! ;-D), I will install it as soon as it's out through the Microsoft Update site. I don't expect much of a difference either way though.

Mike...

Hi,Microsoft has released a Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate. Just wondering if anyone tried it yet.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=enThanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

There's a reason that it's still a release candidate..Think of the faulty software that is actually released, so why do I want to install a beta release? BTW it's only a wrap up of all the fixes and patches that were released since SP2 plus some ported over functionality from Vista?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I've been running the RC of SP3 for a while now. If anything I'd say I've noticed an increase in performance. I've also not had any CTD's or other issues. By far the most stable SP release candidate I've seen. I suspect that if it was really unstable, MS wouldn't have made it available to the masses.Brad

Hi,Well, I installed the update and everything went fine. I've noticed that the one second pause that would happen every now and then within FS9 is gone.I need to do more testing. As far as FS9 is concerned, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

With SP3, it looks like XP will still blow Vista out of the water. Reports are that XP SP3 is still twice as fast as Vista SP2 will be.Here is a quote from a local computer paper here in Ottawa...http://www.monitor.ca/monitor/issues/vol15iss6/winstuff.html"It seems that the performance gap between XP and Vista has widened, comparing XP SP3 to Vista SP1. Independent testers at Devil Mountain Software tried both OS versions on the same test set-up (an off-the-shelf Dell XPS M1710 2.0 GHz Core Duo machine with 1 GB of RAM) and found that Vista SP1 registered a mere two per cent performance increase over the original Vista while XP SP3 tested ten per cent faster than XP SP2. In terms of a direct XP/Vista comparison, XP SP3 performed the test tasks more than twice as fast as Vista, with or without SP1."Thanks Mike for the link...I'm going to give it a try...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes IE 7 is included, WSUS will soon be installing it regardless, and if you're still on IE6, IE7 is better IMHO.Brad