Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

ffx 737 300 400 500 nice but greyed out crew

Hello Alli have recently downloaded various FFX 737 models which are very nice but for one thing,the pilot and co-pilot appear as greyed out figures.This is not a particularly serious problem as i don't spend time zoomed in on the crew,but once i had noticed it,it started to annoy me.All the FFX aircraft i have display the crew like this bar one a JET 2 FFX displays the crew correctly,so i thought i could transfer the relevant texture file from the JET 2 aircraft to all the other FFX planes,but i don't know which texture file displays the crew .I cant check them out using MSpicture viewer as it only seems to display the 32bit textures. I tried removing texture files two at a time and reloading the plane to see if i could identify the crew files but no joy there either.Any thoughts or help please cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Andy, I downloaded an internal textures file, but I can't remember where from! I'll e-mail you it if you leave your address.Dave

Dave

Guest LeeWang

I going on memory here, just copy "md_83_t.bmp" from the default MD_83 aircraft, and place in each 737 texture folder. That should give some life to the pilots.Lee

>I going on memory here, just copy "md_83_t.bmp" from the>default MD_83 aircraft, and place in each 737 texture folder. >That should give some life to the pilots.>>LeeThanks Lee I will give your suggestion a try.cheers Andy

>I going on memory here, just copy "md_83_t.bmp" from the>default MD_83 aircraft, and place in each 737 texture folder. >That should give some life to the pilots.>>LeeHello Lee That file was already in some of the models so i tried it in the other ones but no joy i am afraid pilots still grey and spectral.PS I dont think there is a default MD 83 is there?Thanks anywaycheers Andy

>Andy,> Did you miss my reply #1 above?>>Cheers>>DaveApologies to you Dave.I am always a bit wary of posting my e-mail address.Just my suspicious nature i suppose.But if you have a solution i will live dangerously for once and let you have it.:-) PS how do i send it to you?cheers Andy

I had this exact problem - it's a missing texture in the FFX textures folders. If you download a Kittyhawk 737 (say the -700), then just copy the 737INTERIOR_T.bmp (and the associated _L) file to the FFX plane texture file for whichever livery you want, and a textured cockpit interior will appear.FFX and Kittyhawk both derive from Erick Cantu, which is why they're compatible - same mapping on the models.;)

Hmmmm...that md_83_t.bmp texture should definitely do the trick.John

>I had this exact problem - it's a missing texture in the FFX>textures folders. If you download a Kittyhawk 737 (say the>-700), then just copy the 737INTERIOR_T.bmp (and the>associated _L) file to the FFX plane texture file for>whichever livery you want, and a textured cockpit interior>will appear.>>FFX and Kittyhawk both derive from Erick Cantu, which is why>they're compatible - same mapping on the models.>>;) Thanks to you.I am sure i have tried this by copying the 737Interior L and T from the FFX models i do have that correctly display the pilots but with no joy.I might try getting the most recent model and give that a try.Thanks for your helpI am becoming obsessed with this issue.cheers Andy

>I had this exact problem - it's a missing texture in the FFX>textures folders. If you download a Kittyhawk 737 (say the>-700), then just copy the 737INTERIOR_T.bmp (and the>associated _L) file to the FFX plane texture file for>whichever livery you want, and a textured cockpit interior>will appear.>>FFX and Kittyhawk both derive from Erick Cantu, which is why>they're compatible - same mapping on the models.>>;) Hello there Its not the cabin thats the problem that displays as it should.Its pilot and co pilot who are grey.cheers Andy

>>Hello there >Its not the cabin thats the problem that displays as it>should.Its pilot and co pilot who are grey.>cheers AndyAndy: Just do what I do. Find the appropriate .bmp, open it in PhotoShop Elements, highlight their faces, delete them and insert picutres of some one else's faces. I did it, and now my step-son and I fly all my planes! :-hah (I need to work on how the head sets look on us, though.)

>Hmmmm...that md_83_t.bmp texture should definitely do the>trick.>>JohnI have done it.John you where right,but i also had to download an up to date 737 from Kitty Hawk and use the Interior texture files from that plus the md_83_t.bmp and it s worked at long last the ring wraith pilots have cleared of.cheers AndyThanks TO ALL who offered advice on this problem,now i can fly it instead of fiddling about with dammed texture files.:-)

Humble pie time: apologies all - the file I referred to works with the NEW Kittyhawk Classic 737s, not the FFX versions that pre-dated them. The default MD83 file does indeed add textures to the crew - it's the MD_83_t.bmp file from the default AI MD83 (and texture folder within the md_83 sub-folder in the FS9 Aircraft folder).