Sign in to follow this  
Guest ibanez920

ATC Runway Recognition

Guest ibanez920

Hey guys! This is a problem regarding runway recognition by the ATC. Recently, I added an ILS approach to CYYZ's rwy 24R and 24L with AFCAD. I also added the approach to the FS9 GPS and for the ATC to recognize it by using the program called ILS GPS Approach Creator. However, ATC still doesn't recognize my runways. It shows the ILS approaches for the two runways on the GPS but ATC never gives me the option to choose those runways to land on. I am only able to land on runway 23 and when I click on 'Select another runway for landing', there is no option in that menu. The weird part is, when I ask for taxi to the runway from the gate, the ATC tells me to taxi to that runway 24R, but doesn't recognize it when I ask to land on it. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Guest LeeWang

Hmmm,,, I've never used ILS GPS Approach Creator to create approaches so I really can't comment on that, instead, I did it the hard way and wrote them myself :(I thought runway 24R ILS was already in the default airport, why are you adding it again?Anyway, it sounds like you have runway 24R closed for landings and open for takeoffs in AFCAD? Have you checked that?I have Runway 24R closed for landings, and 24L open for landings. This way AI use the airport for effectively.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183778.jpgHere is a BGL file I created to add the ILS to runway 24L/06R so that ATC will recognize it.Lee

Guest ibanez920

Thanks for the fast reply! The reason I had to create an ILS to 24R was because I downloaded a new scenery for CYYZ and that runway's ILS approach didn't come with it so I had to do it myself. Also, I don't have any checkmarks in the boxes so they're open for takeoff and landings. One more thing I forgot to mention earlier about it is that the ATC lets the AI aircraft land and takeoff on all those runways (23, 24R & 24L) but they only let me land on runway 23. I'm starting to think that the checkbox "Right Hand Pattern" has to do anything with it...

Guest Albatross7107

What if you file an IFR flight there? You should get ILS approach then... That's how it goes at an airport I created - VFR, you get visual approaches IFR you get ILS.

or maybe try cranking down the vis to <3nm to force an ILS approach.scott s..

Guest bluesman666

HiWhere do you get the Runway Properties file from ?THanksDave

Guest ibanez920

I think I found a solution. I had the base end of those runways checked off to make it closed for take off and landings. (runways 05, 06L, & 06R) This is because the ATC would always make me land there even if the winds were against me. So to make it realistic with the current weather, I closed it off and made runways 23, 24R, and 24L available. This tells me if I close off only one end of the runway, default ATC makes the whole runway unavailable for the user but not the AI aircrafts. This is very strange because it worked on all the other airports... Looks like I may never be able to land on 24R & 24L with default ATC. :(

Guest LeeWang

Strange,,, just for fun, try my AFCAD, along with my ILS.bgl, and see what happens. Keep in mind, the parking will be all screwed up, because I've made my own scenery for CYYZ, and all of Canada.