Sign in to follow this  
Guest 28right

Aircraft Texture BMPs: Can Open Some, Not Others?

Guest 28right

Why is it that you can open/see some aircraft texture files and not others? Is there a way to open them up?

Guest 28right

OK, thanks!Now I just need to figure out how to make some new night textures for a Posky Cathay Pacific 747-200 (V3). The current ones have the windows all mal-aligned. Not sure how to go about this though.

Sorry, can't help you with that. The only thing I use DXTBmp for is to change 32 bit textures to DXT3, remove mips, and swap out alpha channels.John

Guest wji

O.K., you're on the way to becoming a repainter.A basic tenet of repainting is to distinguish what is model-controlled and what is Alpha-channel controlledHere's some Alpha Channel info which may helpful in controlling night lighting -- the _L textures.Alpha Channel Section of DXTbmp (top righthand)Left2Right: Import Alpha; Send2Editor; Refresh After Edit; Export Alpha Channel as BMP; Create New Alpha Channel; Preview Transparencyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183798.jpgMay I suggest moving this to the repaint forum.Bill

Guest 28right

Thanks for the tips and info. Most of it is still foreign to me though. I do have the above program loaded now, so I'll play a round with it. Not sure what the "alpha" stuff is. Will I need to mess with it too or can I just adjust the windows on the main fuselage textures?

Alpha provides the reflection. The darker the gray, the greater the shine.